28. Survival Examination

'My facts are your opinions, and your facts are my opinions'

-Anonymous
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Next Day~

"So" Naruto asked "all we have to do is get a bell?"

"That's it" Kakashi Sensei said nodding "get a bell from me and you pass."

They all nodded like they understood completely, but I wasn't to sure. He made it sound like it would be so simple but I have a feeling it won't be. Kakashi Sensei jiggled three bells in our faces then clipped them to his belt.

"Wait" Sakura said "why are there three bells and four of us?"

"You're very observant" Kakashi Sensei said "it's because one of you will be sent back to the academy."

We all gasped and I nervously bit my lip; I don't want to be sent back to the academy, but I don't want my teammates to be either. Oh, I knew there was a catch!

"Alright!" Naruto shouted snapping me out of my thoughts "let's go!"

He charged at Kakashi Sensei as we all stared surprised. Kakashi Sensei grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back as he used his other hand to pull out a Kunai and put it against Naruto's neck. We all gasped in surprise and my eyes widened.

"I didn't say go yet" Kakashi Sensei said rolling his eye.

H-How did he do that so fast; I hardly even saw him move! Man, I wonder just how difficult this is gonna be.

Naruto growled angrily as Kakashi Sensei let go of him and pushed him back.

"Alright then" he said as we all took out a Kunai "when I say go; you may begin."

We all nodded and there was a long and tense moment of silence; I can do this. I can do this!

"Go."

Sakura, Sasuke , and I disappeared into the trees and found hiding spots. This is the best course of action until I find out his attack pattern. However....

"Ha!" Naruto said standing in plain sight "I'm not going to hide! I'm going to get a bell and become Hokage!"

I sighed deeply and shook my head. Naruto....I worry about you sometimes.

'The stupid boy won't become Hokage like that' Kinase said, snorting with laughter.

'Thats not nice' I said bitterly.

I watched as Naruto charged at Kakashi Sensei over and over again; each time Kakashi Sensei beat him down with no sweat. There was one point where Kakashi Sensei stuck two fingers into Naruto's butt and called it a Thousand Years of Pain.

"That's disgusting" I muttered to myself as I watched Naruto yelp in pain and splash into the water.

There must be some way to do this. I nervously chewed on my bitten lip as I thought of a strategy. Maybe....since he's a Jõnin, if the four of us work together we could do it.

'What do you think?' I asked Kinase.

'Sounds good to me' she said 'go talk to the pink haired brat about three trees to the left.'

Sakura....I nodded and hopped over to the tree Kinase mentioned to see Sakura crouched there.

"Oh" She said surprised "you scared me, Ruka! Anyways, what's up?"

"Um...." I began nervously "we have to....uh....work together in order to get the bells."

She stared at me for a long time then smiled and nodded in agreement.

"You're right!" She said, her eyes brightening "I'll go and see if  Sasuke-kun wants to work with me!"

"Uh....but...."

Before I could get out another word she hopped off to go look for Sasuke . I sighed deeply and leaned my back against the tree; oh well, it can't be helped.

'You tried' Kinase said shrugging 'go ask Uchiha who's trying to creep up behind you.'

Trying to creep up behind me? I turned around and my heart leapt in my chest when I came face to face with Sasuke. Yeah, definitely trying to creep u behind me. If only Sakura had stayed for five seconds longer...

"What are you doing?" He asked, squinting his eyes suspiciously.

"I....uh....well...." I stuttered "you....I....but...."

"Hopeless" he muttered sighing deeply.

I blushed a deep red and muttered a small sorry that he either didn't hear or didn't choose to acknowledge.

"Whatever I'm leaving" he said turning his back to me.

"Wait!"

Without thinking, I grabbed the back of his shirt and tugged on it. His eyes widened and he toppled back into me as we both fell out of the tree and on the ground.

"Oof!"

I rubbed my sore head and peeked my eyes open to see Sasuke's face inches from mine. I blushed a deep red when I realized the awkward position we had fallen in; it resulted with him on top of me and pinning me to the ground.

"Baka!" Sasuke yelled as a small blush spread across his cheeks.

Before either of us could move we heard a rustling sound and both Naruto and Sakura appeared in the clearing.

"Thanks again for cutting me down Sakura" Naruto said smiling "that was really....SASUKE!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

We both stared at them as Sasuke hurriedly got off of me and stood up.

"Nothing!" He yelled angrily "what did you think I was doing?!"

"Ruka!" Sakura accused, crossing her arms "were you trying to make a move on Sasuke?!"

"N-N-No!" I stuttered standing up "of course....of course not!"

"SASUKE!" Naruo said advancing on him with a Kunai "YOU PERVERT!"

"Nothing happened, dobe!!" Sasuke said pulling out a Kunai of his own.

"BEAT HIM GOOD SASUKE!" Sakura yelled.

"P-Please stop" I pleaded.

My pleas were ignored....just before Naruto and Sasuke could
attack each other, a loud whistle sounded throughout the forest and we all turned towards it. The exam is....over?

"Great" Sasuke said putting his Kunai away "thanks for messing it up losers."

He glared at Naruto then at me before hopping off.

"Wait for me Sasuke-kun!" Sakura said "oh and Ruka? Sasuke is mine!"

'We don't want him, bitch' Kinase muttered

With that she hopped off after Sasuke and I was left alone with Naruto. I betrayed Sakura's trust; how....how did this happen? My eyes watered and I lowered my head.

"Hey Ruka" Naruto said lying a hand on my shoulder "you....you ok?"

"Y-Yeah!" I said hastily wiping my eyes "I-I'm fine...really! We should go."

I walked off, not waiting to see if he was following me or not. I seem to do nothing but cause everyone trouble.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey Guys! Hope you enjoyed chapter 28!

Naruto: I do but I feel bad for Ruka.

Sakura: When you think about it; it's all your fault.

Sasuke: True.

Ruka: I agree.

Me: Me too.

Naruto: That's not nice! I didn't do it! Believe it!

Sakura: Whatever. Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!

Naruto: IT WASN'T ME!