21. First day of school

'If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.'

-William Arthur Ward
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Eight months later~

"Do you have your weapons belt?"

"Yes."

"Your lunch?"

"Yes."

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to go home?"

"Yes."

Granddad stopped in his tracks and stared at the academy in front of us.

"Ruka" he said sighing "I know you're nervous but it's only for a week. Then you'll graduate and it will be over."

I exhaled a deep, shaky breath and nodded. After those eight months of training nonstop day and night; I still have to come to the academy. It's just to graduate but being here for a whole week will feel like a year to me. I've mastered Ninjutsu, a little bit of Taijutsu, and Genjutsu. When Granddad told me he was sending me here I felt like throwing up and crying at the same time.

This was the last thing I wanted to do. To top it all off I haven't seen Naruto in exactly eight months and I think he goes to this school. Granddad and I walked into the academy as I tightly clutched my hands together. The school was very nice and clean; and I heard talking coming from every classroom we passed. We stopped in front of a door that was suppose to be my new class and I felt my eyes water up. I wish I wasn't so shy all the time.

"You'll do great" Granddad said hugging me "I'll see you after school."

I simply nodded and he walked off as I continued to stare at the door. Ok....here goes nothing. I exhaled deeply and leaned against the door to hear what was going on inside.

"Ok everyone" a male voice said "today we have a new student so try and make her feel welcome."

They must be talking about me. Oh man...

"Really?!" A girl voice said "where?! When are they coming?!"

"Very soon, Sakura" the man replied "try to make her feel welcome, would you?"

"It's a girl?" A boy voice said "oh yeah! We'll defiantly make her feel welcome."

The boys comment was followed by the barking of a dog and I frowned slightly. Who brought a dog to school? I shook the thought from my head and exhaled quietly to myself.

'Go on' Kinase said 'don't be shy.'

Ok....

I nervously bit my lip then slowly slid the door open. The chattering died down immediately and everyone's attention turned towards the door as I stepped inside. Upon entrance the first person I noticed was....

"Naruto" I muttered quietly to myself.

He still looked the same as he did eight months ago, and he was staring at me with surprise written clear on his face. I turned my attention away from him as I stared at the man who I suppose was the teacher.

"Class" the man said smiling "this is our new student. Ruka right?"

I nodded and everyone continued to stare at me. Granddad had told me it was only polite if I asked them to....take care of me; I'm not sure how that works but I decided to try it. I chewed hard on my bottom lip and bowed to everyone in the class.

"M-M-My name is Ruka" I said softly "p-please take care of me...."

"I'll take care of you" someone muttered quietly.

I looked back up and saw everyone smiling at me; I guess I did it right. Then of course, Naruto being the loud person he is, jumped up happily and ran over to me.

"Ruka!" He exclaimed pulling me into a crushing hug as I blushed deeply "I haven't seen you in so long! You should sit next to me dattebayo! I'll definitely take care of you!"

"Yeah right!" A boy said standing up "she's sitting next to me Baka! She doesn't even like you; no one does! Don't worry Ruka, I'll take care of you!"

I examined the boy and saw he had these strange red marks on his face and he had on a hoodie that was covering his hair so I couldn't see the color. He had a small white dog resting comfortably on his head and staring at me. Naruto let go of me and turned towards the boy, glaring at him.

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER KIBA!" Naruto yelled "SHE'S MY FRIEND, STUPID! WHY WOULD SHE WANT TO SIT NEXT TO A PERVERT LIKE YOU?!"

Kiba growled angrily as his dog did the same. A girl with long pink hair and green eyes jumped up and glared at them both.

"Why would she want to sit next to you idiots?!" The girl snapped.

She turned towards me and smiled sweetly as I blushed again. I already feel like I'm going to be blushing a lot today.

"My names Sakura" she said kindly "you can sit next to me if you want. I'll take care of you!"

Before I could respond another girl with long platinum blonde hair and blue eyes jumped up and pointed at Sakura.

"Yeah right billboard brow!" The girl said smirking "your giant forehead would take up all the room! You don't want to sit next to Ms. Forehead over there! I'll take care of you!"

Sakura growled angrily and turned towards the girl as she yelled "DID ANYONE ASK YOU INO-PIG!"

Everyone stared arguing about who I should sit next to as the teacher tried to calm them down. I looked around the room slowly and noticed Sasuke sitting there calmly not getting involved in the argument. He glanced over at me and noticed me staring as he smirked slightly and patted the seat next to him.

I blushed a deep red as I nervously bit my lip. He wants me to.... sit there? Why...deciding that would be the best place to sit; I slowly walked over to him and sat down as everyone stopped arguing and stared at me surprised.

"Ruka" the teacher said slowly "you want to sit in between Naruto and Sasuke?"

I slowly nodded as Sasuke remained quiet in his own world; like he had no involvement at all in my seating choice.

"Ha!" Naruto teased pointing at Kiba "I told you she would want to sit next to me!"

Kiba muttered angrily to himself and sat back down as everyone else followed suit. Naruto sat down next to me and gave me a warm smile as I gave him a small grin.

"Now then" the teacher said going to the board "my name is Iruka and it's nice to meet you Ruka."

I simply nodded and glanced over at Naruto who was staring at me. I blushed a deep red and turned my attention towards him.

"W-W-What?" I asked as he continued to stare.

He smiled and said "I just haven't seen you in such a long time. I really missed you."

I blushed again and turned away from him as he stopped staring and turned towards the board.

"I missed you too..."
---------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys. I hope this chapter doesn't suck because I feel like it's to rushed. Having writers block sucks! ):

Naruto: It's ok! You'll think of new ideas soon.

Me: Yeah I hope so.

Ruka: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!