20. Training starts tomorrow

'I just....feel like I need to save everyone to redeem myself'

-Thomas 'The Maze Runner'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harsh bright sunlight hit my eyes and I scrunched my face up. I hate when the sun does that; I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed at them as I yawned. I slept really good last night; I should head to the kitchen so Granddad and I can start training. I sat up in bed and felt something slid off of me and onto the floor. Confused, I looked down and my eyes widened.

Why....was Naruto's jacket on me?

The events of last night came flooding back to me and I blushed a deep red. Granddad is going to kill me! I hurriedly jumped out of the bed and yelped when I heard the door open. I looked over and saw Naruto standing there as he looked at me surprised.

"You finally woke up" he said smiling "you sleep for a long time you know."

I continued to stare at him for a long time as another event from last night came to mind.

'You know if we keep doing things like this I might actually start to love you.'

My face turned red as I turned away from him and looked at the time.

11:46!!!

Granddad is so going to kill me! I better get going! I turned away from the time and looked back at Naruto; only to notice him staring at me. He quickly looked away and blushed as I did the same; what the heck?!

"H-Hey" I stuttered "I have to go; my Granddad is going to kill me."

"Oh ok" Naruto said sadly "I had fun with you last night though. Thanks for that!"

How do I respond to that? I blushed and remained quiet as I slowly slipped on my shoes.

"Want me to walk you home" Naruto asked politely.

Yes....yes I do.

"N-No" I said hastily shaking my head "I'll be fine."

"Ok" Naruto said shrugging as he held open the door for me "I'll see you later then."

I stared at him for a minute. He's so childish but he does very gentlemen like things without realizing it. I stood up and walked out of the door as Naruto smiled then slowly closed and locked it. Well that's that. I sighed deeply and started walking home; preparing for Granddads wrath.

*****

"RUKA!" Granddad yelled continuing to lecture me "HOW COULD YOU SPEND THE NIGHT WITH A BOY! IN THE SAME BED?! DO YOU KNOW HOW INAPPROPRIATE THAT IS?!"

"S-Sorry" I muttered staring at the ground "I was sleepy and didn't think about it."

"WHICH BOY WAS IT?!" He demanded.

"N-N-Naruto" I stuttered, blushing deep red.

"NARUTO?!" He yelled in disbelief "OH! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! ME AND HIM ARE GONNA HAVE SOME WORDS!"

"No!" I hurriedly yelled startling him "it's not his fault! We were just having fun! Please don't punish him for something I did!"

I blushed a deep red again and stared at the ground. I feel bad now; I've never talked back to Granddad like that. I've never really talked back to anyone like that except Adam. Granddad stared at me for a long time with no emotion, and I nervously shuffled on my feet. Finally, he sighed deeply and stared out the window.

"I suppose" he began slowly "we'll drop the whole matter."

I smiled slightly to myself then nodded in thanks....phew...I didn't get Naruto in trouble.

"Don't let this happen again Ruka" he said walking off "our training starts tomorrow....no exceptions."

He locked himself in his office and I sighed deeply as I leaned against the wall. I'm glad I didn't get Naruto in trouble; I don't think he would like me anymore if I did. On a different note, my training starts tomorrow; what will that be like? I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

I gently lifted up my necklace that was tucked under my shirt and stared at it. I have a brother.... named Ryuku. What reason did he have for giving me this? I leaned closer to the necklace and noticed the red liquid inside was slowly churning around, and I might have imagined it but I could have swore I heard faint whispering emitting from it. I frowned slightly and tucked the necklace back under my shirt. Yeah, I thought walking to my room, I just imagined it.

~Unknown POV~

As I watched her walk to her room I wonder; will she become strong like I want her to be? Will she let Kinase control her body, and devour her sanity? It almost happened to someone I know; it wasn't a pretty sight. I should know; I've been through it.

I sighed and turned my head as I looked around the village; I don't know who this Naruto guy is but I don't like him. He's distracting Ruka from what's really important. Should I kill him?

'Yes.'

I thought for a moment. Nope. I won't; besides I don't feel like it right now which is surprising. Usually I'm always on a bloodlust but not today; maybe it's because I finally saw Ruka again. Oh well, I'll come back tomorrow. I jumped down from the window as my cloak kept my face hidden and once I landed on the ground a Jõnin stopped me. He had green hair with green eyes and a fierce scowl.

"What are you doing here?!" He demanded pulling out a Kunai "leave now or face the consequences!"

I smirked evilly as my eyes turned red and a wave of sadistic pleasure hit me. Well now....I suppose a little blood won't hurt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Like I said I have school, and major writers block. I'm not even really sure I did this chapter good.

Naruto: I think you did; but who was that mysterious person at the end?

Ruka: It's a secret Naruto. She not going to tell you.

Naruto: Aw.

Ruka: Story_of_Fate14 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!

P.S. The next chapter might be a time skip of a couple of months because then I can get to the actually story without adding all the training.