13. Sasuke?

'You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got'

-Anonymus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never in my life have I blushed so much and just over a.... staring.... contest. Naruto was still smiling at me like he did nothing wrong. What a strange boy.

"Hey" Naruto asked, nervously rocking back and forth on his feet "do you want to be friends?"

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat.

F-Friends?

I gasped slightly and stared at the ground; he wants to be my friend. I've never had a friend before.... unless you count Granddad but he doesn't even really count.

Does he....?

Does he really want to be friends?

Does he want to be near me like I do him?

I blushed again and rubbed at my cheeks; I sure am blushing a lot lately.

"You don't have to if you don't want to" he said sadly "it's just a question."

No, it's not.... its way more than a question.

My heart kept pumping like an engine in my chest and the blush on my cheeks seemed permanent. What should I say, could I really trust him, will he betray me and embarrass me in front of his real friends?

"How many.... um.... friends do you have?" I asked shyly.

"Well you see" Naruto said rather embarrassed "I don't....have any....no one here really likes me."

I stared at Naruto surprised and noticed he had a rather sad look in his eyes then he smiled and played it off. His eyes connected with mine and I hurriedly stared at the ground again

No friends?

He seemed like he was telling the true; does he really have no friends? Do people really resent him like they do me? I....could.... be his friend. Besides their's still that part of me that wants to be close to him...

"YES!" I shouted shyly at him as he jumped in shock.

"W-what?" He said his eyes widening slightly.

My god!

Was I not clear the first time?!

My whole face turned red and my heart beat so fast it hurt.

"I said yes!" I yelled embarrassed "I want to be your friend Naruto! THANK YOU!"

I ran away from him as fast as my legs would take me and I felt the red in my face slowly ebbing away. Oh god! That was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life! I slowly walked down the village path when I was far away from Naruto and exhaled deeply.

Friend.... that word is so alien to me but now?

I exhaled again and rubbed my cheeks; what a day? As I was walking down the path I heard loud, girly giggles and I looked ahead of me. There was a large group of girls ahead of me grouped in a circle around a boy I couldn't see.

Ugh.... fan girls.

They use to bully me the most. I couldn't tell who the boy was that made them fan girl like that but he must be very attractive.

"Sasuke!" A pink haired girl with green eyes said "how are you today?!"

Sasuke? Who is that, it must be the boy they're surrounding. I kept walking and ignored the large group of girls. I was about to pass by them when suddenly one of the girls accidentally bumped hard into my shoulder. My eyes widened and I slipped as I tried to regain my footing but couldn't. As I was about to fall on the ground I closed my eyes tightly and felt something warm grab me and stop me from falling.

I opened my eyes surprised as the loud girly noises suddenly stopped and everyone stared at me angrily.

What did I do?

I looked at the person who had caught me and my eyes widened when I saw none other than the boy with onyx eyes. His left arm was wrapped securely around my waist to keep me from falling and his right hand firmly on my shoulder.

Oh no...

I blushed at how close he was as his onyx eyes glared into my golden ones. Why....why did he catch me?

"Sasuke!" One of the girls yelled "who is that girl?! Is she your.... GIRLFRIEND?!"

Sasuke?!

All the girls started yelling angrily at me and glaring as they inched closer. Sasuke sighed deeply and glared at me again as he suddenly grabbed my hand. I gasped in surprise and Sasuke took off running as the girl followed us. I ran as fast as I could keeping up with Sasuke's pace and holding securely onto my weapons bag.

We sharply turned a corner and kept running as the fan girls lagged behind. Sasuke abruptly pulled me into an abandoned warehouse and clamped his hand over my mouth so I couldn't speak. My eyes widened and I watched as the angry fan girls ran right past the dark warehouse and down the village path. Sasuke exhaled deeply but kept his hand over my mouth.

The warehouse smelled strongly of flour and dust, and the only source of light was a small cracked window close by. Sasuke looked down at me seeing as he was slightly taller than me and kept his arm around my waist as he held me from behind. We were in a very....close....position.

I was leaning close against his chest as he kept one hand clamped over my mouth and the other wrapped around my waist so I wouldn't escape. I blushed deep red and he glared at me with those cold onyx eyes.

"You're to much trouble" he muttered so I could hear "all you do is cause trouble."

He finally let go of me and I nodded shamefully as he watched with and uninterested look.

"S-sorry!" I said trying to walk off.

Sasuke firmly grabbed my wrist and stopped me as I gasped and turned to look at him.

"I'm not letting you go that easy" he said coldly "you caused me a lot of trouble. Just who exactly are you and why are you here?"

Oh...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Chapter. 12 already! Ruka finally learned Saskue's name and now she has to pay the price for getting him in trouble!

Naruto: Yeah! I hope he doesn't bully her though! Believe it!

Ruka: *Blushes* Thanks Naruto. Also Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: That's right! Thanks Ruka.

Sakura: YES! I FINALLY CAME INTO THE STORY!

Naruto: *Mutters* For like two seconds.

Sakura: SHUT UP NARUTO!

Saskue: Hn.... Bakas.

Me: Later guys!