71. Attack on the Leaf village!

'Home is where the heart is'

-Pliny the Elder
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't stop crying.

The guilt and shame that I had killed someone was hanging over my head like a rain cloud that wouldn't stop raining. Yuri was my age; possibly one year older. I took so many opportunities away from her:

She'll never get married....

She'll never have children....

Her parents are going to suffer....

Her sword was lying by my feet and I stared at it. I killed her with her own sword. I started crying harder just thinking about that. I felt someone wrap me into a tight hug from behind and my eyes widened. I turned slightly and my eyes connected with Sasuke's. He sighed deeply and leaned his chin on my shoulder as he stared at Yuri's body. I couldn't help but blush.

"S-Sasuke...."

"Stop being a crybaby" he said, cutting me off "people die everyday. It was either you or her right?"

I stared at him in shock and he didn't  meet my gaze. He just contiuned to stare at Yuri's dead body, unfazed by it.

"Doesn't that bother you" I asked curiously.

He shook his head and didn't bother to speak. I looked over to the side of us and saw Kakashi Sensei standing there. He was staring at me, but he didn't look disappointed or ashamed. He just looked if anything....normal.

"Alright" Sasuke said standing up "come on let's go."

He held out his hand and I stared at it for a long time, refusing to grab it.

"Ruka" he said slightly irritated "you can't let this eat you up. The more you think about it the more you'll hate yourself, trust me, you don't want to be like that."

He contiuned to hold out his hand and I nodded in understanding before grabbing it and allowing him to help me up. We began walking over to the stands when Kakashi Sensei stopped us.

"You forgot your sword" he said, taking out his book and beginning to read.

I turned to see what he was talking about and saw Yuri's sword.

"Oh" I began "that's not my..."

'Take it' Kinase said cutting me off 'you might need it.'

I stared at the sword for a long time then walked over and picked it up. It was rather big but it fit neatly in my hand. I exhaled deeply and reluctantly held onto it, I felt like I was stealing. The last thing I want to do is keep the sword I used to kill someone but following Kinase's advice has kept me alive, hasn't it?

"You should get up to the stadium" Sasuke said as he stared over at the stairwell "I still have to do my match you know."

I blushed in embarrassement and nodded as I proceeded to the stairwell. As I ascended the stairwell, I saw Gaara coming down, getting ready to have his match against Sasuke. I blushed and kept my head down as I contiuned up the stairs; hoping he didn't think I was a freak. He passed right by me without saying anything and I exhaled a sigh of relief when....

"It's not the bad."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around only to come face to face with Gaara. I blushed deeply and took a step back as he crossed his arms and stared at me.

"W-What's not that bad?" I asked curiously, clutching the sword to my chest.

"Killing."

"How could you say that?!" I said angrily "that is bad! It's wrong to kill people!"