62. My ninja way: Ruka's unbelievable strength!

'The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing'

-Socrates 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the board for a long time, wondering if the names would disappear the longer I stared at it....they didn't. I sighed deeply and started walking towards the stadium.

"Ruka!"

Someone grabbed my wrist and I gasped before stopping in my tracks. I turned around and saw Naruto staring at me, a worried look in his eyes.

"You don't have to do this you know" he pleaded "you can just stop right here."

I stared at him and didn't respond. Does he not think I can do this? I smiled and removed my wrist from his grip.

"Naruto, I...."

"Ruka of the Leaf!" Hayate called looking around "get down here!"

I frowned then gave Naruto one last smile before descending the staircase.

"YOU GOT THIS RUKA!" Ino yelled "GIVE THAT GUY A GOOD ASS KICKING!"

"GO RUKA!" Sakura yelled.

I exhaled deeply and stood in front of Kabuto, staring at him. He smirked and gave me a strange look I couldn't identify. Hayate stepped back and gave a small cough; I guess we start whenever. I looked over at Kabuto and realized he had disappeared. Great, I pulled out a Kunai and looked around, trying to see where he had disappeared to. I heard a small shuffling sound behind me and I leapt into the air as several Kunai flew past me and clattered to the ground.

I landed back on the ground and spun around as I kicked Kabuto hard in the stomach. He went flying back and landed on his feet as he glared at me. I glared back and noticed he was tightly holding a Kunai in his right hand as his left hand began to glow blue. I stared at the glowing blue hand, I don't know what that is, but I better not let it touch me. I charged towards Kabuto as he did the same. I began making hand signs.

"Ninja Style: Clone Jutsu!"

Two replicas of myself appeared and charged ahead of me as they engaged in battle with Kabuto. Kabuto stabbed one in the heart and hit the other one in the chest with his glowing blue palm. My clones eyes widened and it coughed up blood before disappearing.

What the....?

What did that Jutsu do? Kabuto raced towards me and threw his Kunai at me as I easily deflected it. He then thrust his glowing palm towards me, and remembering what happen to my clone, I dodged it and pulled a Shuriken from my pouch as I threw it towards him. He dodged it but grazed his arm in the process. He's quick. I bit my lip hard as I thought of a good strategy, in order to get a good and direct hit on him I would have to pin him down somehow.

I exhaled deeply and pulled out some Chakra string from my weapons pouch. I remember Kakashi Sensei gave us all a coil of this string, apparently it's really hard to break. I took ten Shuriken from my pouch and began tying the string to them tightly. Kabuto raced towards me and I put the string away as I made hand signs.

"Water Style: Water dragon Jutsu!"

A dragon made entirely of water appeared and sent a blast of boiling hot water at Kabuto who began to dodge it. As he did so, I ran around him and threw a Shuriken with the piece of string attached at him. He of course dodged it and the Shuriken stuck into the wal like I wanted. I then ran behind him and threw another Shuriken as it attached to the wall. As Kabuto tried to escape the Chakra strings prevented him from doing so. He turned and glared at me as I internally grinned. He's stuck.