9. Becoming a ninja.... Who is that....?

*How Saskue stared at Ruka* Top
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.'

-Andre Gide
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Two Weeks later~

It's been a wonderful two weeks!

Granddad let me stay with him after he told me the history of this strange place. He told me almost everyone here are ninjas; even though I didn't believe him at first. After lots of explaining I finally understood and believed him. There are also three different types of Jutsu that he said are more regularly used.

Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu.

Basically, Genjutsu are like illusions and hallucinations. Ninjutsu is like....well....I don't really know. I do know he said I could use it to control the four elements when in combat which is kind of weird. Lastly Taijutsu is kind of like hardcore karate in my opinion. I told Granddad that but he had no idea what I was talking about.

Don't they have karate here?

Who knows?

Today Granddad gave me 8,000 ryo to go shopping for ninja supplies and I would start my training tomorrow. Ok, here goes nothing!

*****

"Be safe Ruka" Lord Hokage said frowning slightly "don't talk to strangers. Don't go into people's house. Don't...."

"Granddad" I said smiling slightly "I'll be fine."

He stared at me for a long time then nodded and stepped back. I gave him a tight hug and left the house with the little cat wallet he gave me. It was a cute, fluffy, fat grey cat with yellow eyes squinted into a smile. It was currently stuffed to the brim with the 8,000 ryo Granddad had given me.

I strolled through the town slowly; looking at everything with fascinated eyes. It was such a beautiful village! All the people looked friendly and peaceful. I came upon a small shop and went inside to see lots of tall grown men and lots, and lots of weapons. I nervously shuffled my feet as I stepped inside the shop and looked around.

Granddad said I needed something called a.... Kunai knife. I'm not sure what that is though; I'll ask the clerk. I went over to the counter and stood on my tiptoes seeing as it was so tall.

"Excuse me" I said peering over the counter as a man walked over "where are your Kunai knifes?"

"Over there little one" the man said pointing to a wall "you'll find some Shuriken over there too."

I need those too; "thank you!"

I went back flatly on my feet and walked over to the wall staring at the Kunai knifes. They were sort of diamond shaped and the Shuriken were like the paper ninja stars kids use to throw at me in school; I frowned slightly and exhaled.

I'll get twenty of each.

As I was slowly pulling the weapons off of the wall; I heard the bell on the door chime as someone new stepped in.

"Hey you!" A boy voice said loudly "where are the Kunai knifes?!"

"Over there" the clerk said sighing "and keep it down will you brat?!"

The boy ignored him and ran over to me as he stared at the wall of Kunai Knifes. I blushed a deep red and counted out my twenty Kunai as I started to pull Shuirken off of the wall. I didn't want to look at the boy; he might make fun of me.

"Aw man!" The boy said grabbing a Kunai off of the wall close by me "which one should I get? This is hard! Believe it!"

All these Kunai and he grabs the one closest to me?!

Seriously?!?!?!

I got the last Shuriken off of the wall and counted them all. Yep! 20 Kunai and 20 Shuriken. I sighed in relief and was about to walk over to the clerk when the boy spoke.

"That's a lot of weapons" he said as I stopped in my tracks "are you becoming a ninja?"

I blushed a deep red and stared at the floor refusing to look at him. I nodded my head and he smiled as he continued to stare at me.

"That's awesome!" he said turning back towards the Kunais "see you later! Believe it!"

I hurriedly nodded and went over to the register as I set all my weapons on the counter. The clerk rang them up and I got a strange temptation to look up at the boy. I slowly started to turn my head towards him when.....

"That will be 2,000 ryo" the man said, snapping me out of my daze.

I yelped and blushed again as I gave the man the money and left the shop as fast as I could.

So awkward!

I exhaled deeply and continued walking through town as I stared at everything. I'm sort of hungry; I'll get something to eat later though. As I was walking through the town looking at everything I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I shoved hard into someone. I toppled hard to the ground and my bag of weapons fell by the feet of the person I bumped into.

I blushed like a maniac and remained on the ground as I watched the person slowly pick up my bag of weapons and inspect it. I gulped nervously and fear engulfed me; who did I bump into?

Is it a bully?

A predator?!

It's already dark out; the sun is gone and the moon took its place. I slowly looked up and saw a boy about my age with white shorts on and a dark blue shirt. He had raven colored hair with onyx eyes and he was staring at me with a cold gaze. I shivered slightly and stared back at him as he looked at the bag of weapons then at me again.

Even though this boy is my age he looks so mean and cruel. The boy bent down and leaned closer to me as I blushed a deep red. What is he doing? His face was a mere inches from my face and I could feel his warm breath hitting my face.

"Next time" the boy threatened coldly "watch where your going."

I fearfully nodded and he roughly dropped the bag of weapons in my lap as I winced. He walked off with his hands in his pockets, whistling a tune to himself, and I exhaled deeply in relief.

Who was that?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Yay! Chapter. 9! We're doing really good guys!

Sakura: When am I going to come into the story! I'm tired of sitting here doing nothing!

Me: Patience! Your time will come!

Naruto: Yeah Sakura-chan! You'll come soon.

Sakura: SHUT UP NARUTO!

Naruto: *Cries* Why are you so mean?!

Ruka: You guys are weird.

Sasuke: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto. She's a loser anyway.

Me: HEY! JERK!

Sasuke: Hn

Me: Later guys!