46. Joining the Chūnin exams.... almost

'This above all; to thine own self be true'

-William Shakespeare
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was fill out my application form, before getting dressed, and brushing my teeth and all that. After having that talk with Hinata about the Chūnin exams, I decided to join. She convinced me that I was strong enough, I just hadn't showed just how much strength I really concealed.

'You could always use me too!' Kinase added happily.

I grinned and contiuned filling out my application form. Kinase had said that whenever I was in need, she'd be more then willing to let me borrow her Chakra. I doubt I'll ever need to use it though.

Besides that, I was scared to know what would happen if I did borrow Kinase's chakra. Shaking the thought from my head, I slipped on my shoes and left the house. Going to go catch up with my team at the bridge.

*****

"RUKA!" Naruto yelled, crushing me in a large hug "there you are dattebayo! I was waiting for you!"

"Sorry" I said blushing "I was filling out my application form."

At this, Naruto's eyes widened in surprise and he crushed me in yet another large hug.

"I KNEW IT!" He exclaimed loudly, hurting my ears "I KNEW YOU WOULD JOIN!"

"Naruto!" Sakura said angrily, hitting him in the head as he fell "leave Ruka alone!"

'Thank you Sakura' I thought to myself rubbing my aching back.

Naruto got back up, nursing his wounded head and smiled at me happily. I blushed and Sasuke sighed deeply as he uncrossed his arms.

"Let's get going" he said simply, starting to walk off towards the building.

We followed him, not choosing to argue seeing as he looked in a bad mood for some reason. I decided to just leave it at that, one time when I asked him why he looked so angry, he told me because I ask such stupid questions. I decided not to ask anymore after that.

We arrived at the building sooner then expected and went up to the third floor as the application said but for some reason it felt like the second floor to me. 

"Look at you!" A mocking voice said "weak and pathetic!"

Curious, my team looked over to see two teenagers about 16 or 17 making fun of a team I couldn't see. We got closer and upon closer inspection I saw Neji, Tenten, and Lee! I...I know them! When Grandad wanted to teach me Taijutsu he sent me away to live with Guy Sensei and his team for 3 months!

They treated me so nice, they were my very first friends! Walking up to them I noticed Lee was just letting the boy terrorize him, I know Lee's stronger then that, why isn't he fighting back?!

"Weak ass!" The boy said again, pushing Lee back to the ground.

"S-Stop that!"

Everyone turned towards me and I noticed the shocked look on Lee, Neji, and Tenten's face. I walked over and stood in fromt of the boy as he smirked and stood up straighter.

"Oh yeah" He said chuckling "and why should I?"

"B-Because those are my f-friends!" I said pointing at the three "and if you think picking on people that are much stronger then you makes you a better person it doesn't! It just shows how weak you really are!"

The boy glared angrily at me and cracked his knuckles as everyone laughed and giggled.

"Besides" Sasuke said calmly "this isn't even the third floor. Right Sakura?"

"That's right" Sakura said nodding firmly "you messed up your Genjutsu....big time."
"
If you can't even make a simple illusion Jutsu correctly that just goes to show how weak you really are!" I yelled putting venom in my voice as I glared at the boy.

He growled angrily and balled his hands into fist as the onlookers laughing increased.

"Fine then you little shit!" He said angrily "let's see just how strong you are!"

With that, he raised his fist as it came sailing towards me. My eyes widened and I started to back up when Lee, using his incredible speed, raced in front of me and caught the boys fist in his hand.

"That" Lee said slowly as the boy stared in shock "would have been the last mistake you ever would have made, my friend."

"There goes staying low" Neji said rolling his eyes.

I turned towards Neji and Tenten blushing slightly from the small incident that had just occurred.

"H-Hi Tenten" I said shyly.

"RUKA!" She shouted, pulling me in a large hug "IT'S BEEN FOREVER! HOW ARE YOU?!"

After my eardrums stopped ringing I rubbed my back; "good."

Tenten smiled happily and I turned towards Neji. Might as well give it a try....

"H-Hi Nej-"

"Yeah whatever, hi" he said simply.

He never ever let's me finish my sentences! I've tried so many times but I've never succeeded. I don't understand why he hates me so much! I decided to try again.

"H-How are-"

"Yeah whatever, I'm fine" he replied.

I sighed deeply, I feel like giving up on Neji, I really do. Even after living with him for three months he still hates me; it's really starting to get to me.

"Ok" I said shrugging "bye Nej-"

"Yeah whatever, bye" he said starting to walk off.

A depressed aura appeared around me and Naruto stared at me curiously. Neji....

"Alright!" Sakura said turning towards us "I don't know about you guys but I think we've stayed here long enough!"

Grabbing Naruto by his collar and me by my arm, we all started walking off, Sasuke following behind.

"I didn't say hello to Lee" I muttered sadly, trying to break free.

It was no use, she had a grip of steel. So I reluctantly let her drag me off towards the third floor where we should have originally been. Once we reached the giant area where the little kids usually play 'darts' we walked towards the stairs when....

"Halt!"

Surprised, we all stopped and turned around to see Lee standing there, staring down at us.

"Yeah what is it" Sakura said frowning.

Lee stared at her for a minute then turned towards Sasuke; ignoring Sakura's question, causing her to glare at him.

"Sasuke Uchiha....correct?" Lee asked.

"Yeah" Sasuke said, taking a step forward "who wants to know?"

Lee smirked and jumped down from the railing he had been standing on.

"My name is Rock Lee, and I want to fight you!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Ta-Da! That's the end of chapter 46! Hope you guys enjoyed it and sorry if it seems....weird. I reread it and it seemed weird to me.

Naruto: It seemed ok to me

Me: Well that's to you! I have my own opinions thank you very much!

Naruto: Your welcome!

Me: *Glares angrily and curls hands into fist*

Naruto: *Gulps* That's not what you meant.... was it?

Sakura: *Sighs* Naruto... you baka.

Naruto: *Cowers* Please don't kill me Author-chan!

Me: NARUTOOOOOOOOOO!

Ruka: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Sasuke: Later losers

Naruto: HELP!