19. Storytime

'Don't choose the one who is beautiful to the world.
Rather, choose the one who makes your world beautiful'

-Anonymous
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we had cleared up that whole date situation; we went into Naruto's house. It was rather junky but he is a boy; not trying to sound sexist.

They're not very neat....

I looked around expecting Naruto's parents to come out and scold him for being out so late but....nothing. Naruto closed and locked the door behind us then flicked on the kitchen light.

"Hey Naruto" I asked as he opened the refrigerator and looked inside.

"Yeah" he replied, grabbing for something.

"Where are your parents?"

Naruto suddenly closed the refrigerator louder then necessary, causing me to jump, and stared at me emotionless.

W-What did I say?

Did I make him angry?

He doesn't look angry; a least I don't think he does. Naruto came over to me and held out a bottle of water as I slowly took it. He then stared at me again and retreated to his bedroom without a word. What did I do wrong?

Does he not like talking about his parents? I frowned as I thought about this and set the water on the counter before I went into Naruto's room to see him sitting on his bed staring at the floor. Oh no....I feel like I made him depressed.

"If it makes you feel better" I said, sitting next to him "I could tell you a story."

He remained silent but he glanced up at me and nodded. I smiled warmly and took a deep breath.

"Once upon a time" I began "there was a girl born on October 5. She was a very pretty girl with silver hair and golden eyes. Her parents abandoned her when she was a baby and left her with her grandparents. However her grandparents didn't love her. Every chance her grandfather got he would beat her while her grandmother just watched and sometimes laughed. This happened every single day; then one day the girl got old enough to go to school. Do you think she made any friends?"

I turned toward Naruto to see his answer and he nodded. Yeah.... I wish.

"Nope" I said as he frowned "she didn't. She got bullied and teased and when she got to the 4th grade she started to get hit, punched, kicked, pinched, you name it. So the girl would wake up everyday and get called a monster and a freak by her own grandfather; before he beat her. Then she went to school and got called a freak and a slut and get beat some more. Sometimes by the teachers and all the time by the students. Then she went back home to her grandparents and got beat some more. Then she went to sleep....but....do you know what the worst part is?"

Naruto slowly shook his head; I took a deep breath to keep my voice from quivering.

"The worst part is that the girl regretted going to sleep" I continued "because she knew; once she woke up. Everything that happened that day would happen again. Each time it always did, so she suffered alone and in pain for 12 years. Then as she was coming home from school one day; she got caught in a storm and ended up here. Then she got a new Grandfather that actually loved her and made a friend named Naruto; that actually cared about her. Then for the first time in her life....she was happy."

I finished the story and looked down at the ground; as Naruto stared at me.

Wow....

"Would you look at that" I said as tears pooled my eyes "I summed up my own sad, pathetic life in a 3 minute story."

I chuckled sadly and the tears I was holding threatened to spill down my cheeks.

Don't cry....

Don't cry!

A flood of emotions hit me like a tsunami and I started sobbing uncontrollably as I buried my eyes with my hands. I felt so weak... so broken. Just sitting here crying my eyes out in front of Naruto like this. I was too sad and depressed to even think about being embarrassed.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap tightly around my waist and my head was placed in someone's shoulder. I stopped crying....I stopped everything; I even stopped breathing for a minute before I remember I needed that to live.

"I'm sorry" I heard Naruto whisper in my ear "you had to go through that alone too, and I'm sorry I wasn't there."

His grip around my waist tightened and he hugged me harder as I blushed. Too? Did he have to go through everything I went through?

"I never knew my parents" Naruto explained "I've always lived by myself. At first it was all fun and games then I realized the villagers didn't like talking to me and always called me a beast and a devil child. I never did anything to them I don't even know why they call me that. At first I thought they were just being rude then I realized the other kids didn't want to talk to me and they always wanted to fight me. I just to this day don't understand why everyone hates me so much. I always smiled and acted like it was ok, but on the inside I was dying. I've never had a friend before in my life then I finally met you. You wanted to be my friend and I felt like the happiest person on Earth. So.... thank you for giving me a chance."

He finally let go of me and gave me a small smile as my blush increased. He laid down on the bed and patted the empty space next to him, so I laid down next to him. He was really warm that's for sure; I never knew Naruto had such a troubled past like I did. He always smiles so much even though he's broken inside. I should help him; yeah that's what I'll do! I'll be there for him every step of the way so he won't be alone anymore.

So we won't be alone anymore. I smiled to myself and snuggled tightly against Naruto as he draped his arm comfortably around my waist. My eyes started to droop and I knew I would fall asleep any second. However before my eyes closed completely and sleep overtook me I heard Naruto say something that made my heart leap.

"You know" he muttered quietly "if we keep doing things like this; I might actually start to love you."

Then... I fell asleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: HEY GUYS! OMG! I just love this chapter! Even though I wrote it I'm having a fan girl moment and my moms asking me if I'm ok.

Sakura: That's right. Sorry Ruka and Naruto couldn't come; their sleeping right now.

Sasuke: *Sighs* Yeah. So now I'm stuck her with that loser Story_of_Fate13 and Sakura.

Sakura: *Squeals* He remembers my name! Oh Sasuke-kun!

Me: HEY JERK! THIS IS WHY YOU ARE A EMO DUCK BUTT!

Sakura: *Gasp*

Sasuke: Me and you outside! NOW!

Me: LETS GO UCHIHA!

Me and Sasuke: *Go outside*

Sakura: Oh no! Um... Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto! Later guys!

Sakura: *Hurries after them*