76. Rescue mission: Two girls, one task

'We, all who live, have a life that is lived and another life that is thought, and the only life we have it's the one that is divided in right or wrong'

-Fernando Pessoa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Two days later~

In the two days that have passed since Granddad's death, I've been better then expected. Naruto left the village for about a week or so with Jirayia on a mission. I have no idea what they were doing and neither did Naruto but I wished them both the best of luck. I only wish I had a mission to do. It's so boring being in this house alone.

"Someone give me a mission!" I groaned in boredom, placing my face in my pillow.

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

"Hmm" I said curiously, removing my face from the pillow.

Is someone knocking on the door or am I just imagining it? I got up from my bed and went into the living room as I waited for the person to knock again.

Nothing.

I sighed in disappointment and started walking back to my room when....

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

"R-R-R-Ruka" a familiar voice said "are you....h-home?"

My eyes widened and I went over to the door as I opened it.
There stood Hinata, looking at me shyly as a small smile spread across her face.

"Hinata!" I said happily, pulling her into a hug "it's so good to see you, come on in!"

She nodded and stepped inside as I closed the door behind her. We sat at the kitchen table and I got her a cup of water as she sipped it. I sat next to her and waited for her to say something but she didn't speak. She just sipped at her water.

"S-So" I said awkwardly "why are you here?"

She set her cup on the table with a small click and took something out of her weapons pouch. She set it on the table and I looked at it.

"You and I are going on a mission!"

"We are?" I said picking up the paper she had set on the table "but what about your comrades Kiba and Shino? Why not go with them?"

"Tch!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms "who cares about them?! Sure they're strong and all, but I want to do this mission with you, Ruka! You know....GIRL POWER!"

I stared at her confused as she suddenly blushed and placed her hands in her lap.

"I-I-I just thought" she muttered "t-this would be a good chance for you and I to....h-h-hang out more."

I sweat dropped at how quickly she had changed. Hinata is so bipolar! I exhaled deeply and stared down at the paper.

"What exactly is this mission" I said curiously "what do we have to do?"

"It's a rescue mission" she stated "no one really knows the level but the Jōnins have marked it as either an very hard C-ranked or a very easy B-ranked mission."

My eyes widened. B-ranked!

The mission that involved Zabuza was B-ranked, wasn't it?! I gulped nervously and didn't say anything. I had almost completely forgotten about that.

"Sasuke and Sakura we're thinking about taking it and having you go with them, but I took it first" Hinata stated proudly "anyways I believe you and I could do it. Sasuke and Sakura can get another one! This one is ours!