17. Ramen with a friend

'The greatest prayer is patience'

-Buddha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Ruka's POV~

I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was still dreaming; seeing as I was in a dark and ominous place. That blast.... it must have been harder than I thought. I winced as I sat up from the hard stone ground and rubbed my aching shoulders.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, so careless."

My eyes widened and I turned around to see Kinase behind me. She was staring at me with those bright blue and black eyes with those eleven needle sharp tails.

The fox.... my fox.

"I wasn't careless" I said shaking my head.

"I'm not an idiot!" Kinase snapped "please do not mistake me for one foolish girl!"

I fell silent and Kinase continued to stare me down with that piercing gaze of hers.

"You need to learn to control our Chakra" Kinase said turning her head and staring at nothing.

Our?

I didn't say anything but I thought about this as Kinase sighed impatiently.

"I can read your mind you know" she said rolling her eyes.

Really?!

"Really" she said confirming my thoughts.

I wish she wouldn't do that....it's rather creepy and strange.

"No it's not" Kinase said creeping me out more.

I sighed deeply; "so that golden Chakra you gave me was yours?"

"Sort of" Kinase said tilting her head "it's about 20% mine and 80% yours."

"What would happen if I used all 100% of yours?"

"Don't."

I stared at her confused as she remained quiet and didn't speak anymore. Don't? Does that mean the results are too horrible to even talk about? I remained quiet and Kinase sighed again as she stared at me.

"Um...." I began, uncomfortable with the silence "why do you have eleven tails?"

Kinase stared at me for a long, long,long time as I nervously shuffled. Did I say something wrong?

"Why do you have two feet?!"

"I was born that way."

"Exactly!"

I gave Kinase a small look of disapproval at her sarcasm; causing her to sigh in frustration and roll her eyes.

"I can't tell you" she said turning her head.

"Well.... why not" I asked shrugging.

"Because I just can't!" Kinase snapped "now shut up!"

I shut up.

There must be a reason why she won't tell me anything. I wonder what that reason might be.

"Is there anything you can tell me" I asked curiously.

"I'm a demon fox" Kinase said "I reside inside of your soul because I have no choice. Your mother put me in here because....I can't tell you. You use to....never mind. You have a brother named Ryuku that....I can't tell you that."