37. There are still heros

'I am easily satisfied with the very best'

-Lord Rama
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~??? POV~

"You....failed" the woman repeated for what seemed the tenth time.

"Yes m'lady" the man said gulping nervously "I couldn't retrieve the girl. It would seem her company prevented me from doing so."

"COMANY?!" The boy beside the woman said furiously "YOU LET A 12 YEAR OLD BOY KNOCK YOU OUT FOR GODS SAKE! YOU PATHETIC FOOL!"

"Enough!" The woman said sternly "son? Go to your room."

The boy glared at the man then reluctantly retreated to the comfort of his room. He angrily slammed the door behind him and went over to the window, staring out of it in deep thought. Yet another fail to bring the princess back.

'Why not me!' The boy thought furiously pacing his room.

He was positive if his mother let him go he would bring the princess back. He wouldn't fail like the rest of the idiots here! The boy growled angrily and flopped on his bed. Still....the princess. Thinking about her set the boy on edge.

She was beautiful, such beauty like that didn't deserve to be out in a world where she must fight to survive. If she were here, she would be protected and loved. True, the boy was 2 years older than her but to him it didn't matter. He loved her. He loved her more than words can describe and she....

'She doesn't even remember you' a cruel voice in his head said.

"Shut up!" The boy said angrily groping his head "just shut up!"

'Well it's true' the voice said with a sinister smile 'she doesn't remember a damn thing about you! She wouldn't even give you a second glance.'

"SHUT UP!" The boy yelled his eyes watering "what do you know!?"

The beast growled angrily but was silent. He was wrong. The boy kept thinking these words over an over and finally nodded to himself. He was right and he was wrong. She would remember him, she had to. They were best friends.

"Yeah" the boy said quietly going over to the window "I'm right."

The boy then proceeded to stare out of the window, wondering, what his princess was doing.

~Ruka's POV~

"N-Naruto, if you keep eating all that you'll throw up" I said warningly.

At the moment, Naruto and Sasuke had been trying to outdo each other in almost everything and now they were trying to out eat each other. They were both on their 10th bowl of vegetable soup and were glaring at each other the whole time. Before I could warn Naruto of the consequences again, he and Sasuke both stood up and held up their bowls.

"DONE!" They both shouted in unison.

They angrily glared at each other then as I suspected they both gagged and threw up on the floor.

"Ew!" Sakura said getting up from the table and standing by the wall "Naruto! You made Sasuke-kun throw up!"

Kakashi Sensei sighed and sadly pushed his bowl of uneaten soup away from him, he must have lost his appetite. Naruto groaned in pain and I handed him a napkin as he wiped his mouth.

"Oh" Tsunami said staring at the regurgitated soup on the floor "Ruka? Do you mind being a dear and helping me clean this up after dinner?"

"Yes ma'am" I said nodding politely "of course I'll help."