18. This was a.... A DATE?!?!

'There are two ways of spreading light:
To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.'

-Anonymous
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I continued to stare at Naruto with a slight blush across my cheeks when a bowl of ramen was placed in front of me. I jumped slightly in surprise as another bowl was placed in front of Naruto and he smiled happily.

"Enjoy you two! Remember you can get as much as you want! It's all on the house!"

"Alright!" Naruto said grabbing two pairs of chopsticks.

He handed me a pair then snapped his apart and started chowing in. I stared at the ramen in front of me and frowned slightly as I played with my chopsticks. What if I don't like it; what if I eat sloppily and Naruto thinks I'm weird and gross? I sighed slightly as Naruto stopped eating and looked over at me.

"What's wrong" he asked frowning sadly "do you not like it?"

"N-No!" I said blushing slightly as I looked over at him "I haven't tried it yet!"

"Oh" he said still frowning "are you not hungry?"

"No I am" I said nodding "I just don't know if I'll like it."

Naruto stared at me for a long time then he sighed.

"You're not going to like it" he replied, turning his head away from me.

Oh....

I frowned rather sadly at that and pushed the bowl away. I guess I just wasted his time then. Suddenly, Naruto pointed his chopsticks at me and winked as he flashed me a huge smile.

"You're going to LOVE this ramen! BELIEVE IT!!"

He laughed and turned back towards his own ramen as I stared at him surprised. That was....random. I snapped my chopsticks apart and pushed the bowl back towards me as I took a bite. Naruto watched me for a bit as I slowly swallowed.

"You're right" I said slowly "I don't like it."

He frowned slightly; I turned towards him and gave him a small smile.

"I love it!" I replied taking another bite.

"I knew it!" He said chuckling "I come here all the time! They have the best ramen!"

I nodded in reply and Naruto and I continued to sit there and happily eat our ramen.

*****

Once we had both gotten our fill of ramen we sat there smiling at each other. I had eaten two bowls whereas Naruto had eaten 9 or 10.

"That was good" I said turning my head and looking up into the sky.

The sun was staring to set and I sighed to myself; I had better get home and get a good night sleep for training tomorrow. I don't wamt to make Granddad mad like last time.

"I have to go" I said to Naruto.

He stared at me for a minute then frowned slightly. I stared at him curiously, wondering where this sudden sadness had come from.

"You have to go already" he asked sadly "can't you stay a bit longer?"

I stared into his sapphire blue eyes and blushed as I hurriedly turned my head. Could I stay longer....I'm sure Granddad wouldn't mind right?

"W-Well" I stuttered "I guess I could."

"Great!" Naruto said jumping up and smiling "I'll take you to my house!"

What?!

Before I could protest Naruto grabbed my firmly by the hand and started to run off. I had no choice but to follow him so I did just that. I blushed a deep red as Naruto continued to hold onto my hand and take me to his house. Why do I blush all the time around him? It's so strange.

"We're here!" Naruto shouted, suddenly stopping in his tracks and letting go of my hand.

As Naruto stopped he accidentally jerked my hand forward before letting go causing me to fall forward and on top of him as we both toppled to the ground.

"Ow...." I moaned quietly.

I rubbed uncomfortably at my head as I felt something warm pressed up underneath me.
"Um....Ruka?"

I looked down and my breath hitched in my throat when I saw I was lying on top of Naruto; my lips dangerously close by his. My legs were on either side of his waist to keep myself from falling on him completely and his hands were on my waist to keep me steady. To make matters worst, I'm wearing a skirt. A faint blush rose up to his cheeks as he smiled awkwardly.

"So...." he began slowly "are you comfortable?"

I hurriedly jumped off of him and smoothed out my skirt as he got up and dusted off his pants. I could tell my whole face was probably red from embarrassment. That is an image I will never get out of my mind.

"I....um....I should....just go....you know....home" I stuttered nervously.

"No Ruka" Naruto said shaking his head "I really want you to stay! Believe it! This is the first time I've been on a date."

My heart skipped a beat in my chest and my eyes widened. This was a date?! My breath became low and ragged in my throat and my heart was beating like a drum at that moment.

"D-D-D-Date?!"

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I didn't dress properly for this! I didn't know this was a date! I must look horrible right?! I don't even know Naruto that well! Why is this a date?!

"Well yeah" Naruto said shrugging "I would call it a play date but that seems so childish so I'll just say we're hanging out."

"Wha...?"

I turned and looked at Naruto for a long, long time. Hanging out? Why did he....? I stared at him as my heart returned to its normal pace and my breathing returned to normal.

"Naruto" I said sighing in relief "you have poor vocabulary choice."

He anime fell and I sighed deeply as I shook my head. A date! I can't believe he would say that! Ugh.... Naruto! He stood back up and stared at me for a bit before smiling.

"Who knows" he said cheerfully "maybe one day we'll go on a date as boyfriend and girlfriend, dattebayo!"

"......"

Queue me hyperventilating.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! How'd you like the chapter? I really enjoyed Naruto and Ruka's 'date.'

Naruto and Ruka: IT WASN'T A DATE!

Me: Ok! Calm yourselves!

Naruto: We were just hanging out! Believe it!

Ruka: Yeah that's it!

Me: I said ok!

Naruto and Ruka: *Sigh in relief*

Naruto: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!