42. One girl, three doors

'Every deceased friend is a magnet drawing us to another world'

-Eliza Cook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't feel anything....

I felt like I was floating, suspended in midair by an invisible rope. It was dark. I couldn't see, there was a small, faint blue light at the end of this passage I was in, but all I could do at the moment was stare at it. Then slowly, very slowly, a small cutting sound could be heard and my body started getting closer to the ground.

'Oh' I thought 'good. Someone's cutting the rope.'

There was a snapping sound and I assumed my invisible rope broke because my body started slowly floating to the ground and landed with a soft thump. Finally, I stood up and dusted off my shirt. I want to see what that blue light is. I started walking towards it and as I did, a warm feeling spread throughout my body and I smiled.

'I wouldn't if I were you' a familiar voice said.

I turned around and saw Kinase standing there watching me with curious eyes.

'Why not?' I said rather sadly.

Why would Kinase keep me from that warm blue light?

'Because that's Heaven' Kinase said simply.

Heaven....?

I looked back at the warm blue light and tilted my head in curiosity. I've always wanted to go to Heaven. I looked over at the other side of the room and noticed a faint red glow that had not been there before. I walked towards it and a feeling of coldness washed over me. I shivered and walked back over to Heaven.

'That was Hell' Kinase said, noticing my confused look 'I wouldn't recommend it.'

'I get to....choose?' I said confused.

'Of course' Kinase replied 'everyone gets to choose.'

'Then why doesn't everyone just go to Heaven then?'

'Some people feel they don't deserve it' Kinase replied 'they go to Hell to punish themselves for what they did in their former life.'

Oh....

I turned towards Heaven and Hell and knew exactly where I wanted to go. I started walking towards Heaven again.

'I said stop!' Kinase said angrily,

'Why?' I said wanting so badly to go to Heaven.

'You forgot a door' she said, pointing to the right with one of her tails.

I turned around to see what she was talking about and saw she was right. There was in fact a door there, emitting a bright white glow.

White....what could that be?

I walked towards it and a feeling of neither warmness or coldness washed over me. It was....if anything....normal.

'What's this door' I asked curiously.

'Your old life' Kinase said calmly 'it will bring you back to life.'

I stared at that door for a long time. My old life back. I shook my head and walked towards Heaven.

'Ruka' Kinase said in disbelief 'aren't you even going to think about this?!'

'I thought about it' I said firmly 'I'm going to Heaven!'

'So you're just going to leave Naruto!?' She said, stopping me in my tracks 'you're just going to leave me!?'

Naruto....?

'What do you mean leave you' I said 'aren't you coming with me?'

Kinase rolled her eyes and sighed deeply in frustration.

'Ruka you seem to forget I'm a demon' Kinase said 'if you leave to Heaven I won't have a host. Then you know where I have to go don't you?'

I exhaled nervously and glanced over at the passageway that led to the cold and ominous pits of Hell.

'Even if I do go back' I replied sadly 'what will I gain from it?'

'You'll have Naruto' she said simply 'you'll have friends that love and care about you. You may not have seen it, but Naruto was heartbroken when you died. He's a mess.'

I nervously shuffled my feet and stared at the door that would lead to my old life.

'I'm always so shy around him because I love him, but he doesn't love me.'

'You'd be surprised what he thinks about you' Kinase said smiling.

I stared at her confused. What did she mean by that? Before I could ask her she cut me off.

'Now I must go' she said as her image started to disappear 'choose what you will.'

With that she disappeared and I was left alone. I hugged myself for comfort as I stared at the three doors.

Heaven

Hell

My old life

'Damn' I said, chewing my bottom lip.

I knew for sure I didn't want to go to Hell. I turned towards Heaven. The warm blue light was so inviting. I would get to see God and all his angels. I turned towards my old life. I get to see Sakura, Naruto,  Sasuke, Kakashi Sensei, Granddad. I hugged myself tighter. What do I do?

'My decision' I muttered quietly.

A small smile crept across my face as I turned towards the door I wanted. Yeah, I'm sure about this. I stared walking towards the door, my smile getting wider and wider and wider with each step.

Naruto....wait for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey Guys! That's the end of chapter 42. Hope you liked it! I tried to make it dramatic and suspenseful so I hope it worked.

Naruto: RUKA'S COMING BACK!

Me: Hey! Your not suppose to know that yet!

Naruto: Opps.

Me: *Sighs* Well I uploaded three chapters in one day because I haven't updated in a while and I feel like you guys deserve it.

Ruka: Thats sweet.

Sakura: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!