26. Victim of an eraser attack

'Sometimes all it takes is a glimpse from you to make my day'

-Nonay Mesui
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't tell anybody.... but I have a huge crush on her dattebayo!"

I thought about this as I patiently waited for our new Sensei that was about 2-3 hours late. I didn't mind that he was late; he was probably very busy with other important things. I'm sure Jõnins are very busy people.

"He's late!" Naruto shouted for what must have been the 100th time already "all the other squads already met their new Sensei and are off on some adventure!"

"We know!" Sakura said rolling her eyes as she sighed deeply.

At the moment; Naruto was standing by the door looking out of it every minute. Sakura was standing up and pacing the room anxiously. Sasuke was sitting down with his hands folded glaring at the floor, and I was sitting by myself in the corner; still thinking about what Naruto had said.

"Don't tell anybody.... but I have a huge crush on her dattebayo!"

I sighed deeply and frowned; it's good that Naruto has a crush though. He deserves to know what love feels like after everything he's been through. I only wish I could experience what love feels like. I've read in lots of books that it hurts, but is that true? Is love a terrible thing? How can it be when it brings people together?

My mom and dad loved each other; they just didn't love me. I guess that's understandable though; I was probably unexpected. However when I have children I'll love them with all my heart. I'll never abandon them; I just have to find someone that loves me first.

"RUKA!" Naruto yelled snapping me out of my thoughts.

I jumped slightly then blushed and turned towards him. How awkward.

"Y-Yes?"

"I called you like ten times!" He exclaimed in utter disbelief "did you not hear me?!"

Everyone was staring at me curiously waiting for an explanation and I bit my lip. Had he really called me that many times? I must have been zoned out.

"Sorry" I said shyly "I-I was just thinking. That's all."

"Oh" Naruto said smiling "what were you thinking about?"

Crap....

I blushed a deeper red and thought about a way to avoid answering that question. What was I thinking about?

'Love' Kinase said snickering 'you were thinking about love, children, and Naruto. If I had to say so myself I think the first two things you want to get from the third thing don't you?'

My whole face and neck turned red at Kinase's comment.

'That's not true' I denied.

I got spared the trouble of answering when a hand suddenly stuck itself inside the door. I don't know when but Naruto had somehow managed to stick an eraser between the crack of the door. The door opened and a head stuck itself inside when....

Plop!!

The eraser plopped down hard on the persons head; sending white powder flying everywhere. There was a long, long, long moment of silence as everyone stared at the man who had become the victim of an eraser attack. He had short slightly spiky silver hair like me that was pushed to the left side of his head. He wore some sort of mask that covered his face so that all you could see were his eyes.

His Leaf headband was pulled over his left eye so that all you could see was his right one which was the color black. He looked so....familiar, yet at the moment I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I've never met this man before in my life though; so how is he so familiar to me? My thoughts were yet again broken by Naruto's hysterically loud laughter.

"I got him!" He exclaimed happily pointing at the man "he totally fell for it!"

A small but hidden grin appeared on my face at seeing him so happy; he gets so excited over the smallest of things. I sometimes find it hard to understand Naruto.

"Hn" Sasuke said turning his head away, clearly unimpressed,  but I could have sworn I saw him smirk.

"I'm sorry Sensei!" Sakura said; her eyes wide "I told him not to do it, but he wouldn't listen! I'd never do anything like that!"

Sakura didn't look genuinely sorry. As a matter of fact I could have sworn I saw her smirk for about half a second. Naruto continued to laugh and Sakura continued to apologize as the Jõnin picked up the eraser and stared at it. Is he mad? It's so hard to tell with that mask he has on.

"Hm" he said slowly "how can I put this? My first impression of you three....you're a bunch of idiots."

My teammates sweat dropped at this comment as the Jõnin sighed deeply. What about me? Does he not think I'm an idiot?

"Where's the fourth one" he asked curiously "I was told this was a four person group."

This time it was my turn to sweat drop as I groaned quietly in disappointment. Am I that invisible? That's a sad thought to think about.

"Are you blind" Sasuke muttered rather rudely pointing at me "she's right there."

The Jõnin looked over at me and his eyes (eye?) widened slightly. Why is he staring at me like that? I blushed nervously and averted my gaze as he continued to stare. Did I do something wrong? Maybe, he's just surprised to see me hugged up in the corner all alone. Finally, he averted his gaze and turned back towards my teammates. What a relief; I was beginning to become uncomfortable.

"Meet me on the roof and we'll proceed from there" the Jõnin said simply.

We all nodded and he suddenly vanished as we gaped in surprise. Wow, how did he do that? I stood up from my seat and Sasuke did the same as we started heading up to the roof.

"I thought it was a good trap" I heard Naruto mutter to himself.

I glanced over at him and saw he was in deep thought; probably thinking of another trap that would work. I glanced over at Sakura and saw she was blushing heavily and staring at Sasuke every few minutes with a small giggle.

"Don't tell anybody.... but I have a huge crush on her dattebayo!"

'Kinase' I said slowly 'how do they do it?'

'Do what?" Kinase asked curiously.

I glanced at Naruto and Sakura again with a small frown on my face.

'How do you love somebody that you know will probably never love you back?'

Kinase was silent for a while then she sighed deeply.

'I don't know kid' she said 'but I will tell you one thing.'

'What' I asked.

I patiently waited for Kinase to say whatever it was she wanted to tell me.

'Love is a bitch.'
-----------------------------------------
Me: YES! Love is indeed a bitch! Couldn't have put that better! Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed chapter. 26! Man are we getting into the story!

Naruto: Yeah, some rather cool stuff has happened so far.

Ruka: I agree; the book is getting better.

Sasuke: I don't like it.

Me: I DON'T LIKE YOU!

Sasuke: THE FEELINGS MUTUAL!

Naruto: *Sighs* Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: STUPID EMO DUCK BUTT!

Saskue: RETARDED UGLY PARASITE!

Ruka: Later guys!