80. Rescue mission: Yuri's spirit

-I have found that if you love life, life will love you back'

-Arthur Rubinstein
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuro thrust his ice sword in my direction and I dodged it as I infused Chakra into my foot and swung it towards him. He caught my foot in his hand and gripped it firmly as he swung my body around and slammed it into the wall. I crawled out of the hole I had made in the wall and charged at him again as I began making hand signs.

"Water Style: Water Tsunami Jutsu!"

A giant wave of water towered over me and sailed towards Kuro as he made hand signs.

"Ice Style: Freezing Jutsu!"

The wave froze completely into ice and he threw a Kunai at it as the ice shattered and sharp icicles sailed towards me. I dodged them to the best of my abilities, but one of them cut me on the arm and I winced. Kuro made to kick me in the chest, but I raised my arms up in an X formation and received less impact. I took a Kunai from my pouch and slashed it at him as I made a large gash on his arm.

"Ninja Style: Seismic Toss!"

An invisible force picked me up and I struggled to get free as it took me high up into the air. Kuro appeared next to me and his eyes flashed red with anger as he kicked me hard in the chest and we both went hurtling to the ground. I slammed hard into the ground as a loud crack issued from my ribs and I coughed up blood.

Kuro sunk his foot deeper into my chest and being to weak to use a weapon, I grabbed his leg and bit hard on his ankle as the metallic taste of blood entered my mouth. He yelped and hopped backwards as I slowly stood up and wiped the blood from my mouth.

My ribs....

I winced again as I slowly shifted to the side. I think some of them are broken; tears of pain blurred my vision and I blinked them away as Kuro glared at me.

"I'll kill you" he said quietly as his hands shaped into long swords of ice once more "I'll kill you."

I noticed his voice was shaking like he was on the verge of crying and I frowned slightly.

"Ninja Style: Toss!"

I concentrated and again, the same as Yuri, I noticed a large mass of Chakra coming towards me so I dodged it and raced towards Kuro as I punched him hard; sending him flying back and slamming into the wall. Wasting no time, I began making hand signs as Kuro climbed out of the wall.

"Lightning style: White Fury Jutsu!"

The ceiling overhead began to crackle as flashes of white light illuminated the room and seconds later, lightning came crashing down around Kuro as it electrocuted him and he screamed in pain. I gingerly touched the sword that was on my waist and exhaled deeply. This was Yuri's sword; now it is mine.

I bought a sheath for it the day after Granddad had died because I meant to give it to someone, but I ended up keeping it. I haven't used this sword in battle yet, but to be honest I never really want to. I removed the sword from its sheath and much to my surprise it began to glow bright blue.

 I removed the sword from its sheath and much to my surprise it began to glow bright blue