82. Rescue mission: Complete

'The greatest thing in life is doing what people said you couldn't do'

-Walter Bagehot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes slowly opened and immediately they were clouded with tears.

Those memories....I remember them!

I didn't forget them like I usually do; they're all still there!

Kuro...Kuro was my friend!

I hurriedly sat up and my body was incredibly sore, but healed nonetheless. Kinase must have healed me while I was unconscious.

'Yeah, I did' Kinase said, panting heavily 'now my Chakra is damn near gone. You're lucky I love you kid.'

I smiled slightly and looked around anxiously for Kuro, damn where could he be?

"KURO!" I yelled, cupping my hands around my mouth.

No response. I frowned and searched through the debris that had fallen from the ceiling. Please be okay Kuro! Finally, after what seemed like hours of searching, I found Kuro lying on the ground with his eyes closed as my sword protruded from his stomach.

"Shit" I exclaimed, kneeling next to him "no, no, no! Kuro?! Wake up! Kuro?!"

His eyes remained closed and tears pricked my eyes as I grabbed the hilt of the sword. Wake up! I pulled the sword out of his stomach and his eyes snapped open as he groaned in pain. I slid the sword back into my sheath.

"Kuro!" I said as relief engulfed me.

He slowly turned his head towards me and stared at me for a long time as a small blush crept up to his cheeks.

"You really got me good" he said chuckling slightly as he glanced at the massive hole in his stomach.

I flinched slightly and began to think of something that would help him.

"I'm taking your shirt off" I said suddenly as a thought came to mind

Kuro blushed again and shook his head as my hands grabbed the hem of his shirt.

"D-Don't do that!" He said pushing my hands back down as I began lifting his shirt back up.

"Tch, what are you so afraid of?! I'm trying to help you!"

Kuro blushed and didn't say anything as I lifted his shirt up and over his head. I exhaled deeply then place my hands on his injury as my hands glowed gold and my Chakra slowly started seeping into his wound. I've never done this before so hopefully it works.

"Why are you healing me" Kuro asked curiously "you were trying to kill me not to long ago?"

I flushed slightly and my gaze connected with his as I bit my lip.

"Because you're not a bad guy Kuro" I said softly "trust me, I know a bad guy and you're not one of them. You're my friend Kuro....no....you're my best friend."

Kuro stared at me in shock and his eyes watered slightly as he quickly turned his gaze away from me.

"I hate crying" he muttered as a stray tear leaked down his cheek.

"Why" I said giggling "everyone's cried at least once in their life. Crying is what makes us human. So why are you crying?"

He didn't respond for a long time and I thought he was ignoring me. I sighed deeply and focused on his wound as it began to close up.

"Because I missed you."

My eyes widened and I looked up at him, but he kept his gaze on the ceiling as a small smile covered his face.