10. My names Naruto Uzumaki

'Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.'

-John Wooden
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that slightly frightening encounter with that boy I picked up my weapons bag and hurriedly walked off. I'll shamefully admit I got lost so I stumbled across a school and saw two homemade wooden swings.

I set my weapons bag by the tree which the swings were tied to and plopped down on one of them. This was a very nice village; most of the people here looked extremely friendly. Everything was just so beautiful. I stared around at everything as the cool breeze flowed through the air and the midnight glow of the moon fell on me like a blanket.

Even though I never did this much in my world I love to sing. I have a nice voice and I sing to express my feelings. Although if I did sing my grandfather would come into my room and beat me as he told me to shut the hell up.

However, he's not here now, I'm completely alone. I closed my eyes for a minute then took a deep breath as I started to sing.

'Heart beats fast; colors and promises.'
'How to be brave: how can I love when I'm afraid to fall.'
'But watching you stand alone.'
'All of my doubt; suddenly goes away somehow.'
'One step closer....'
'I have died everyday; waiting for you.'
'Darling don't be afraid; I have loved you.'
'For a thousand years; I'll love you for a thousand more.'
'Time stand still; beauty in all she is.'
'I will be brave; I will not let anything take away.'
'Whats standing in front of me.'
'Every breath; every hour has come to this.'
'One step closer....'
'I have died everyday; waiting for you.'
'Darling don't be afraid; I have loved you.'
'For a thousand years; I'll love you for a thousand more.'
'And all along I believed I would find you.'
'Time has brought your heart to me.'
'I have loved you.'
'For a thousand years; I'll love you for a thousand more.'
'One step closer....'
'I have died everyday; waiting for you.'
'Darling don't be afraid; I have loved you.'
'For a thousand years; I'll love you for a thousand more.'
'And all along I believed I would find you.'
'Time has brought your heart to me.'
'I have loved you.'
'For a thousand years; I'll love you for a thousand more.'
-A Thousand Years by Christina Perri

I sighed deeply as I finished the song and stared at the ground. That felt good; I haven't sung in quite some time.

"You have a beautiful voice! Believe it!"

My heart leapt wildly in my chest and I blushed deep red as the person sat next to me on the swing. I think it was the boy one that talked to me in the weapons shop!

Oh no!!!

I shouldn't have come here!

I nervously placed my hands in my lap and started shaking. Did he hear.... everything? I still don't know who this boy is or what he looks like. I slowly turned my head to the side to sneak a small glance at the boy. I adjusted my vision and saw a boy about my age with spiky blonde hair, sapphire blue eyes, and a orange jacket on accompanied by the same color pants.

He looked up at me and gave me a huge smile as I blushed and hurriedly looked away.

"My names Naruto Uzamaki" he said with a warm and deep smile "I don't think I've met you before! Are you new here?!"

My heart leapt in my chest and without thinking I rocketed off of the swing, and ran as fast as my legs would take me as my heart kept pumping in my chest.

~Naruto's POV~

I stared at the empty swing in surprise.

Did she just.... run away from me?

Did I scare her?

That's new, usually I disgust people away because they hate me but.... not her. I think I scared her away; I could see a small hint of fear and nervousness in her eyes but I wasn't expecting her to run off. I saw something glittering close by the swing she was on and I looked at it to see the bag of weapons she had purchased.

Oh crud!

I picked up the weapons bag and sighed deeply as I stared at the many Kunai Knifes and Shuriken inside.

Why did she run off?

I just wanted to talk. I got up from the swing and sighed again as I looked up at the stars. I hope I see that girl again, when you got past her shyness, she was actually very pretty. Especially, with her silver hair and golden eyes. I blushed suddenly then shook my head and walked home.

When I see her again I'll give her; her weapons back. Hopefully, she won't run off again. I don't know why but.... I feel like.... I've met her before?

Nah! It's probably nothing.

I think....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Chapter. 10! We are doing amazing!

Naruto: Yeah we are! I like this book almost as much as I like ramen!

Ruka: You are just obsessed with ramen aren't you?

Naruto: HECK YEAH! Ramen is life! Oh, and Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto just so you know.

Ruka: I already knew that *sighs*.

Naruto: Just making sure! Hey can we got get some ramen now?

Me: No.

Naruto: BUT WHY?! *Starts crying*.

Me: *Ignores* Later guys!