59. Anything in the world

'A friend to all is a friend to none'

-Aristotle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Naruto's POV~

"WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU?!" I yelled angrily, glaring at Kabuto "HOW DO WE KNOW YOU'RE NOT THE ONE THAT HURT RUKA?!"

"Yeah!" Sakura said furiously "we aren't going anywhere until Ruka gets back!"

He smirked and adjusted his glasses as I felt anger boiling in my chest. He thinks this is so funny?! Ruka went to use the bathroom an hour ago! She hasn't returned and now here comes Kabuto! I just want to wipe that stupid smirk from his face!

"Be reasonable" Kabuto said calmly "I didn't attack your teammate. However, today is the last day to get to the tower and if I remember correctly you said she has a Heaven scroll, right?"

"Yeah" Sasuke said, crossing his arms "and?"

"Well" Kabuto replied "based from my observations Ruka seems like a strong girl. You three just have to meet her halfway. Usually, on the last day many teams scramble to get to the tower with their scrolls. If you three can somehow manage to grab an Earth scroll at that time, then you needn't worry, she knows her responsibilities and the first thing she'll do is head for the tower."

"HELL NO!" I said angrily "IF YOU THINK WE'RE LEAVING RUKA THEN...."

"Alright" Sasuke said cutting me off.

Sakura as I both gasped and turned towards him. Alright; is he seriously going to leave Ruka?!

"Sasuke-kun" Sakura said pleadingly "don't you think we should wait?!"

Sasuke sighed deeply and turned towards her. Just from looking at his face, though he'd never admit it, he was concerned and very worried about Ruka's whereabouts.

"I do" he said shrugging "but what other choice do we have? If Ruka does manage to get out of the situation she's stuck in, she won't know which way to go. She'll naturally head towards the tower."

Sakura frowned but didn't reply. Is she agreeing with him?! I growled angrily and glared at Kabuto. He smirked and adjusted his glasses once more.

"Well if you guys are ready" he said "follow me."

I don't trust this teme!

~Ruka's POV~

When I woke up I was alone, lost, confused and surrounded by lots of food.

The last thing I remember is a girls voice and then after that everything went black. I already know the voice belonged to Temari, but where are they now? I looked around and couldn't see any chakra presences. They were long gone; I looked at the food surrounding me and saw cooked fish, cooked dear, blueberries, raspberries, and what looked like cooked bird. They kidnapped me just so they could give me food? Confusion swirled around me and I touched my weapons pouch. All my weapons were there and so was the Heaven scroll.

"If they wanted to give me food why not just hand it to me" I muttered.

I looked in my lap and noticed a piece of paper. I picked it up and noticed words so I began to read.

Dear Ruka,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This was Gaara's idea so we went along with it. He said he heard your stomach growling earlier and he wanted you to eat something other then fish. He's a rather nice guy, you just have to get to know him.