49. The exam: To cheat or not to cheat

'I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act'

-Buddha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibiki contiuned staring at us, as though wondering how he ended up with a group like us. He sighed deeply and pulled out a clipboard that was handed to him.

"We are now going to seat you in your assigned seats" he explained "so when your name is called start filling in the rows."

Everyone nodded and for about half an hour everyone was shuffling around and sitting in their assigned seats. In the end, Naruto sat way in the front by Hinata. Sasuke sat somewhere behind me by himself, and I sat next to Sakura and some strange ninja.

"Thank god" Sakura whispered to me "I'm glad I'm sitting next to someone I know!"

I nodded my approval of this seating arrangement and turned back towards the board.

"Alright" Ibiki said once everyone was seated "now we can get started!"

The door burst open and everyone turned towards it to see different men file into the room and sit in the chairs that were lined against the wall. Hmm, who are they?

"The first part of the exams" Ibiki stated "is a written one."

Almost everyone groaned but I remained silent. A written test....it doesn't sound that bad.

"The people you see lined against the all are known as proctor" Ibiki explained "they're here to catch any cheaters."

Cheaters, they have that many people just to catch a cheater? There must be more to it then that.

"The rules" Ibiki said simply "don't get caught cheating and don't ask questions. There are a total of 10 questions on the test. You'll be given an hour to do the first nine and once everyone is done I will announce the last question."

Everyone nodded and the proctors started handing out the test to everyone along with a pencil. I looked down at the test and grinned, these questions are so simple! I looked over at Sakura and noticed she had the same grin, but Naruto....not so much.

"If you get caught cheating five times" Ibiki said placing his hands in his pockets "you and your team will be disqualified from the exams!"  

Everyone gasped and I nervously bit my lip. Naruto's not....that desperate, is he? I would seriously hope not.

"Once the clock strikes 12:00 you may begin" Ibiki said falling silent.

All heads turned towards the clock and stared at it. 11:59. I looked back at Sasuke and saw him staring at the clock, emotionless. I glanced over at Naruto and it looked like he was having a small panic attack as Hinata stared at him curiously. The clock struck 12:00 and immediately pencil was scratching against paper and heads were down. I noticed Ibiki had said 'if' you get caught cheating. That means we had to cheat if we didn't know it and get help from our teammates.

If only Naruto was closer I'd let him copy my paper. I sighed deeply and started scribbling the answers on my paper, this test is really quite simple. There's not that much to it. I finished within 15 minutes and flipped my paper over as I set my pencil on top of it. Ibiki looked over at me and raised a questioning eyebrow. He didn't say anything, he simply contiuned to scan the room. I glanced at the proctors lined against the wall and noticed they had clipboards and pencils, probably to mark down the name of the cheaters. I looked away from the proctors then glanced at Naruto, he was still having a panic attack. I simply frowned and watched him. Hinata, noticing his panic, whispered something to him then slid her finished paper close to him.