85. Worth it

'Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud'

-Maya Angelou
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Next Day~

"I want to leave" I whined as Tsunade stared at the Sharingan that had replaced my right eye.

She exhaled deeply and ignored me as she scribbled something on her clipboard.

I had been put in the hospital due to the amount of blood I had lost and due to the fact that my right eye had been replaced with that of a Sharingan. Tsunade still hasn't figured out the reason as to why I have it, and she won't let anyone visit me in the hospital.

"Ruka" Tsunade said suddenly "do you want the Sharingan?"

Do I....want it?

I've seen Sasuke and Kakashi Sensei use it to help them greatly in battle but....it just doesn't feel right for me to have it. I feel like I stole it. Even so I do want it, I just don't want to have my ninja headband covering my right eye for the rest of my life.

"Y-Yes" I replied slowly "I just don't want it showing all the time like this. If I do have to keep it I want to be able to make it disappear like....like....Sasuke does."

Tsunade nodded and set her clipboard down with a loud slam that caused me to jump.

"I'm glad you said that" she replied "because it's impossible to remove something like that without making you permanently blind."

A cold breeze ran throughout the room and I shivered involuntarily.

"However" she continued flipping her hair "this would be better for you. Try imagining yourself with your two golden eyes back and see if that works."

I nodded and closed me eyes as an image of myself with my eyes the same color. A nice shiny gold. I felt a strange twitch in my right eye and I opened it.

"D-Did it work" I asked hopefully.

She smiled brightly and I knew it had worked. I exhaled in deep relief as she handed me a mirror and a pair of golden eyes stared back at me.

"If it pops up again randomly just keep doing that and it will get into the habit of staying away" she added standing up from her chair "but if you're in a tough battle expect it to appear of its own will."

I nodded and a loud thud, followed by voices, issued from the waiting room outside the door as we both turned towards it.

"NO VISITORS MY ASS! WE WANT TO SEE HER NOW! BELIEVE IT!"

We?

"I WANT TO SEE MOMMY!"

Oh no....

I slammed my face into my palm in frustration as Tsunade growled angrily.

"Those two are going to be the death of me!" She said angrily, storming out of the room.

I waited for her return as I listened to loud arguments from the waiting room. Seconds later, Tsunade came back into the room, dragging Naruto and Naoki in by their ears as they cried in pain. She threw them into the room as they crashed into wall and let out weak groans of pain.

"What are you two doing here" I said sighing deeply.

They snapped their heads in my direction and bright smiles appeared on both of their faces.

"MOMMY!"

"RUKA!"

Naoki leapt into my arms and snuggled under the cover with me as Naruto jumped on the bed and kissed me on the lips. I flushed deep red as he pulled back and smiled deeply. Tsunade was staring at us with wide eyes but didn't say anything.