66. A promise

'Passionate love, I take it, rarely lasts long, and is very troublesome while it does last. Mutual esteem is very much more valuable.'

-Anthony Trollope
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I began screaming as I contiuned falling down the cliff; tears flowing heavily from my cheeks and into the air.

"RUKA!" Naruto yelled again and I realized he had jumped in the cliff after me.

I didn't respond, I simply contiuned crying and screaming. Why would he do this, why would he push me down here?!
The darkness of the cliff loomed below me and the sharp edges; threatened to cut me clean in half.

"N-NARUTO!"

I shouted his name loudly, with fear and anxiety laced in my voice.

That's when I realized something......I don't want to die.

I know I've always thought about death before, but I never thought it would happen quite like this. I never imagined I would fall down a cliff, while the person I love tries to save me.

I suddenly stopped screaming and closed my eyes. I felt like if I did die today, it would be cruel and unusual punishment. I felt like God was looking down on me and laughing. A pair of arms wrap tightly around my waist, and I opened my eyes in surprise.

"Ruka!" Naruto said angrily "don't you dare give up on me! I'm going to save you!"

I slowly nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck, before burying my head in his shoulder. As long as I'm with Naruto....I know....everything's going to be okay.

"Summoning Jutsu!"

I felt my back hit something soft and I gasped in surprise. I removed my head from his shoulder and looked up to see he was tightly embracing me, as though trying to shroud me.

"Naruto."

He looked up at me when I said his name and he slowly smiled. I realized he was lying on top of me, but I didn't really care at the moment. All I could do was stare at him, taking in every feature he had.

His smile, which would make my heart jolt in my chest everytime I saw it.

His eyes, which were a deep blue like the rarest of sapphires that are considered one of a kind.

I contiuned staring at him as he removed his arms from my waist and sat up. Immediately, I missed the feeling.

"See" he said, exhaling a sigh of relief "I told you I would save you."

I didn't reply, I simply stared at him. Naruto is so strange. I always wonder why I fell in love with him in the first place. As I contiuned staring, Naruto blushed and averted his gaze.

"W-What's wrong" he muttered, his blush becoming deeper "why are you staring at me like that?"

I blushed and tensed up slightly at his question. What is wrong with me....why am I acting so strange?!

"N-Nothing" I said slowly "I just....I have to tell you something."

He returned his gaze to me and cocked his head to the side curiously.

"You can tell me anything dattebyo" he said softly.

I exhaled nervously and stared up at him. I should tell him, I just wonder how he'll react. I bit my lip then made up my mind and looked up at him. 

"Naruto, I lov-"

"HEY!" A loud voice yelled causing us both to jump "WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING UP THERE?!"