84. The unexpected gift

'Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory'

-Dr. Suess
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Three months later~

Damn.

That's my emotions right now; if I had to use one word to sum up my feelings that would be it.

Today is a day I never thought would come.

Today is....

My bedroom door burst open and I looked up as my two favorite people tried to rush in at the same time and got stuck in the doorway.

"I'M TELLING HER FIRST DADDY!" Naoki said angrily, elbowing Naruto in the gut as she tried to free herself from the doorway.

"NO WAY YOU LITTLE BRAT!" He exclaimed, ruffling her hair "I WOKE UP BEFORE YOU!"

"LIAR!"

"ARE YOU CALLING YOUR DAD A LIAR?!"

"YES!"

I giggled and sat up in bed as I watched the two continue to struggle in the doorway. Finally, they got free as Naoki tripped Naruto will her tail and he fell to the ground. She giggled and jumped on my bed, her ears twitching happily.

Today is....

"HAP-OWWW!" Naoki said as Naruto pulled her tail.

"We say it together" Naruto pouted.

"Ok daddy!"

Naruto climbed on the bed next to Naoki and they both leaned forward and screamed....

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I smiled deeply and flushed deep red. That's what I was trying to say, today's my birthday.

"How's it feel being 13 years old" Naruto said grinning goofily.

I shrugged and Naoki snuggled into my arms as she giggled happily. I can't believe I'm already thirteen.

I'm a teenager now...that thought alone brought a smile to my face.

"Hurry up and get dressed" Naruto said happily "it's celebration time! Come on Naoki!"

"Yes daddy!"

Naoki climbed out of my arms and followed Naruto as they scurried out of my room.

Well, might as well get ready.

*****

"Naruto" I said anxiously, trying to feel for what was in front of me "I can't see anything, take this blindfold off! Where are we going?!"

"Stop complaining" I heard him snicker as something pinched my butt.

I yelped and using the sense of touch I turned around and slapped him.