43. Everything's going to be ok

'When you feel like quitting think about why you started'

-Anonymous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes they were greeted with snow.

Snow....

That's something I haven't seen in a long time. I believe the last time I saw snow was when I was 5 years old. It was so beautiful and stuck to the ground like a giant cold blanket. That's when I heard sobbing and realized someone was crying on my shirt.

Confused, I tilted my head up and saw Sakura, her arm was on my stomach and her head was buried in it as she cried over my 'dead' body. I looked away from her and to the side. I saw Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi Sensei all standing side by side with different facial expressions. Kakashi Sensei was frowning and staring at the water under the bridge, probably dreading the lost of a student. Sasuke was angrily glaring at the ground, but I noticed he was shaking.

Then Naruto....Naruto. Kinase was right, he looked awful. He looked so lifeless and tears streamed down his cheeks as he stared at the ground. Sakura contiune to cry on my stomach and I looked to the other side to see Zabuza and the ninjas dead body lying on the ground. They died next to each other, somehow seeing that made me feel happy. Sakura's head suddenly snapped up and her green eyes connected with my golden ones.

"You're breathing" she whispered to herself in disbelief "you're alive!"

I nodded and she broke into tears of joy.

"Guys!" Sakura said loudly standing up "she's alive! She's alive!"

They all looked at me and I sat up, wincing slightly, as I turned to face them.

"R-Ruka?" Naruto said, his eyes widening.

"Yes?"

Naruto's look of shock instantly disappeared and a large smile engulfed his features as he wrapped me in a giant bear hug. I turned beet red but hugged him back regardless. He felt so warm and soft as his arms got tighter around my waist. I felt Kinase stirring around and my eyes flashed blue, oh no! Not this again, before anything could happen I gently pushed Naruto away and saw his eyes were red but they quickly turned blue when we stopped hugging.

'Kinase' I warned.

'I'm sorry' she said slowly 'I'm a fox you know, it's hard to resist my mate.'

'Mate?' I said confused.

Kinase didn't answer me anymore after that. I guess she didn't want to talk about it.

"I thought you were dead" Naruto said staring at me fondly.

"I was" I said shyly "but I came back because....I....though of you."

Naruto and I blushed and turned away from each other.  Why did I say that?! I'm such a baka!

"Ruka" Kakashi Sensei said, saving me from my embarrassment "I'm glad to see you're alive."

"Thank you Kakashi Sensei" I said smiling "but what happen to Zabuza and that ninja? How did they die?"

"The ninja I accidently killed" he said, sighing "I was trying to kill Zabuza and the ninja sacrificed his life to save him. Then Gatō and his thugs came and Zabuza died killing Gatō."

"I see" I said glancing at the two "well I'm glad they died next to each other."

I felt someone tap me on the arm and I turned to see Naruto.

"Yes" I said leaning closer to him.

He looked sad about something like there was something he wanted to say, but he didn't know how to say it.

"That ninja" he began slowly "it was Haku."

******

"Do you have to go!" Inari whined with tears in his eyes as he contiuned to hug Naruto and I.

"Yes we do" I said softly rubbing his head "but don't worry, we'll come visit someday."

Inari sniffed. My mind traveled to that hill were we had buried Zabuza and Haku, next to each other like I'm sure they would have wanted. We also took the liberty of sticking Zabuza's sword in the ground next to his grave. Haku and Zabuza....they weren't the bad guys; it was people like Gatō.

However, now that Gatō is gone and Tazuna has finished the bridge, this village will be a lot more peaceful. I looked down at Inari and saw he was crying and clutching me tightly, not wanting me to go. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're a great kid Inari" I said ruffling his hair "you should be proud. I'm sure Kaiza would be."

At the mention of his stepdad, Inari looked up at me and smiled happily. Tsunami came over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder as Inari started talking to Naruto.

"I'm going to miss you" she said pulling me into a hug "you're such a sweet girl."

I smiled and hugged her back. She let go of me and leaned closer to my ear.

"You know" she whispered "Naruto might like sweet girls."

I blushed a deep red and before I could react Tsunami pushed me towards Naruto. I yelped and lost my balence, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turned and saw Naruto who was smiling at me. I turned red and felt like fainting.

"I-Is everything going to be ok now" I asked him softly.

He smiled and nodded, staring at me affectionately, "yeah, everything's going to be ok now."

I smiled back and Tazuna came over so Naruto quickly let go of me as we both blushed.

"I have to admit" he said staring at us "you two surprised me. I was very impressed."

Naruto got that usual smile he gets when he has a big head and placed his hands behind his head.

"Told you old man" he said "anyways what are you gonna name the bridge?"

Tazuna placed his hand on his chin and thought for a moment. I was curious as to what he might name it.

"How about The Great Naruto Bridge?" Tazuna said smiling.

Naruto blushed and didn't respond. I giggled and turned towards Tazuna.

"That's a great name for the bridge" I replied "the villagers will love it."

"Come one you two!" I heard Kakashi Sensei yell "it's time to go!"

We said goodbye to Tazuna and Tsunami, hugged Inari, then ran over to Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi Sensei. We stared at each other for a while then began walking off towards our village. I couldn't help but smile to myself as we walked down the bridge towards our village.

Yeah....everything's going to be ok now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey Guys! Hope you enjoyed Chapter. 42! I'm trying to update as much as I can so you guys don't have to wait.

Naruto: RUKAS ALIVE!

Me: Yeah she is

Naruto: WOOHOO!

Sakura: Ugh! Baka.

Sasuke: What a loser

Ruka: I'm glad to see you too Naruto but you don't have to...

Naruto: *Hugs her* YOUR ALIVE!

Ruka: *Blushes*

Sakura: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto

Me: Later guys!