56. Leaf vs. Sound

'It is better to die fighting then to die giving up'

-Anonymous
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I crouched down on the ground next to Sakura and helplessly watched as Lee fought the sound ninja.

"Ruka."

I turned towards Sakura and noticed she looked on the verge of tears again.

"I'm scared" she admitted shamefully, looking down.

I gave her a small smile and rubbed her back. She was scared, I thought I was the only one but I noticed she was shaking heavily.

"I know you're scared" I said gently "because I am too, but you're a cherry blossom Sakura! You're strong and beautiful! You just haven't bloomed yet, and neither have I. One day we will though, we'll bloom."

Sakura looked up at me and gave me a small nod as she smiled. I looked back over at Lee and saw he was still in deep battle with Dosu, and panting heavily. Lee frowned suddenly then stood up straight and started to unwrap the bandages on his arms. My eyes widened, that Jutsu?! Didn't Gai Sensei tell him that was forbidden?!

"I know what you're thinking Ruka" Lee said, as though reading my mind "this Jutsu is forbidden. However, there is one condition."

Lee finished unwrapping his bandages then glared up at Dosu, determination clear on his face.

"I was given permission to use this Jutsu only under one circumstance" he said firmly "and that is if I'm protecting someone or thing dear to me!"

With that, Lee charged at Dosu. Dosu sent a blast of sound waves at him but Lee skillfully dodged it as he began running around him in rapid circles. Dosu's eyes widened as he tried to attack Lee, but at the speed he was going at it was impossible. Lee then broke from the circle and kicked Dosu in his stomach, sending him flying into the air. Lee jumped up and appeared behind Dosu as he tied the wrappings around his body. Lee then grabbed Dosu and began hurtling his body towards the ground, head first.

Zaku, noticing this, held his hands out and sent a large blast of sound towards the ground, softening it. Lee and Dosu both slammed into the ground and Lee stood up, thinking he had succeeded. However, seeing as Zaku had softened the ground, Dosu jumped up, surprising Lee, and sent a blast of sound towards him. Lee groaned in pain and dropped to his knees as Dosu kept blasting him with sound waves repeatedly.

"STOP IT!" Sakura pleaded, her eyes brimming with tears.

Dosu stopped, and simply watched as Lee laid on the ground in pain and groaning.

"Pathetic" Dosu said, kicking Lee hard in the stomach and
knocking him unconscious.

Sakura and I gasped as Zaku and Kin laughed at the unconscious Lee. I felt anger boiling in my chest as I glared at them. They find amusement in bringing people pain?! How dare they!
I gripped my hands so tightly into fist my nails dug into my palm and drew blood. Zaku turned towards us and smirked.

"What should we do with you two" he said teasingly.

I glanced at Sakura and noticed she had the same look of anger upon her face that I had. We looked at each other then slowly nodded and stood up, tightly clenching a Kunai.

"Oh, you want to fight" Dosu said raising an eyebrow "interesting. Zaku, Kin, take care of them. I don't want to waste my time on
the weak."

Sakura and I growled angrily as Zaku and Kin smirked.

"Will do" Kin said then she charged at Sakura.

The two engaged in battle and I turned towards Zaku, causing him to smirk even more.