11. Why am I here.....?

'The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.'

-Anonymous
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Ruka's POV~

Once I got into the house I slammed the door shut behind me and leaned against the door letting out a sigh of relief.

"Ruka!" A worried voice said as I looked up to see Lord Hokage "where have you been?! Are you ok?! Do you have any idea what time it is?!"

"S-sorry Granddad" I said shyly "I got...um... held up."

Granddad sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his hair as he shook his head. I lowered my head shamefully and Granddad came over to me.

"Konohamaru and I were very worried" he said grinning slightly.

Konohamaru?

I looked up and saw the little boy peeking around the corner. When he saw I was staring at him, he blushed deep red and scampered off. What a strange kid.

"What happened Ruka" Granddad said frowning "what took you so long?"

Should I tell him?

I'd rather not talk about it; bumping into those two boys today was not at all fun. I don't know the name of the first one that threatened me. However that second one.... Naruto....? I blushed slightly and stared at the ground.

Why did he talk to me of all people?

Was he trying to tease me?

Were those smiles he gave me.... fake?

I bit my lip uncomfortably and clutched my chest. Thinking about that kind of hurts; maybe I shouldn't have ran. Maybe I should have stayed and talked. If I wasn't so shy and hurt inside I probably would have. There's something about that boy.... it's like.... I know him.

No, that's impossible!

I've only been here for less than a month and I've never met him before. He just seemed so.... familiar.

"Nothing" I lied giving him a small grin "I just....um.... I was walking around looking at everything! I didn't keep track of time. Sorry."

Granddad narrowed his eyes slightly as he stared at me then he smiled. He ruffled my hair and sent me off to bed. I nodded and walked past him as I went into the room I've been sleeping in for the time being. I closed the door behind me and got into my night things as I crawled into bed and thought to myself.

Why me?

Why are these things happening to me? I've already been through so much and this just adds to it.

'Um....Kinase' I said, deciding to contact my fox.

'Yes' She replied yawning.

Oh, I woke her up from her nap. I feel kind of bad now.

'Why....why am I here' I asked curiously.

There was a long moment of silence and Kinase didn't answer. Finally, after a few minutes she sighed and spoke.

'I cannot say much' she began 'I am forbidden, but I will tell you this. You are what they call a Jinchūriki. That means you are the host of a demon; a demon such as myself.'

'A demon' I asked in disbelief 'what....? How?! How did I even get here?'

'Your mother' Kinase said as I gasped in surprise 'I am forbidden from saying anymore but it was she who brought you here.'

Kinase fell silent and I stared at the wall frowning slightly.

My mother?

She's responsible for me being here?

I rolled over on my side and chewed on my bottom lip. Why would she bring me here? I don't even know her! She abandoned me yet she took her time to transport me here? Why? If she doesn't want me then... why?

I exhaled deeply and closed my eyes with millions of questions running through my mind. Why? That was the last thing I thought before I fell into a deep, uneasy sleep.

*****

"You're going out again?0" Granddad said frowning as the sun fom outside beamed heavily through the window.

"I have to" I replied shrugging "I left my weapons bag yesterday and I have to go look for it."

Granddad sighed then ruffled my hair and told me to be safe. I nodded and looked behind him to see Konohamaru blushing slightly as he watched me from around the corner. I gave him a small smile and he blushed deeper before smiling back.

Hey! That's improvement! Last time he ran off.

I said goodbye to Granddad then left the house and started walking towards the tree where I had left my weapons bag. I wonder if.....Naruto.....will be there. I blushed slightly then shook my head.

Who cares if he's there?!

I'll just get my weapons and go. I continued walking down the path of the village when I saw someone familiar coming this way. I blushed deep red when I realized who it was and kept my head down.

Oh no! It's him!

The boy with the white shorts and dark blue shirt was calmly walking this way with his hands in his pockets as he looked around. Ok! Remain calm! I kept my gaze lowered to the ground and we passed by each other.

As we did he glanced at me for half a second then kept walking. I exhaled a sigh of relief as he passed by and lifted my head back up. What a relief! I thought....

"Hey" the boy said suddenly as my blood ran cold "come here... now."

Crap!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Chapter.11! God I love this book so much! I love Naruto too.

Naruto: *Blushes* Thanks! Believe it!

Ruka: Aw! How sweet. Anyway just reminding you guys that Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto! Just the plot.

Me: That's right! Thanks Ruka!

Ruka: No problem! ^.^

Naruto: That face is so Kawaii!

Ruka: *Blushes*

Me: Later guys!