8. Is there anything you want to tell me......

'The hardest part of saying hello...is knowing one day you'll have to say goodbye'

-Anonymous
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Ruka's POV~

When I woke up my vision was groggy, and my brain was pounding furiously in my head as though it longed for release.

I must have been very tired yesterday. All I remember is Lord Hokage picked me up from the hospital yesterday, then we were walking down the street to his house. I must have fell asleep after that because that's all I remember.

I sat up in the bed I was in and walked over towards the door. I opened it and went into the hallway. I was immediately lost so I just went right and continued walking. This must be Lord Hokage's house; I wonder where the living room is.

"Ruka?"

I turned my head and saw Lord Hokage; I smiled and jogged over to him as he chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"How did you sleep" he asked warmly "on the way here you fell asleep. You were exhausted."

"I slept good....granddad" I said blushing slightly.

He stared at me surprised that I had called him this and I hope he didn't mind. He didn't seem to because he chuckled lightly and ruffled my hair again.

"Ruka" Granddad said seriously "follow me; I would like to talk to you."

I stared at him curiously then nodded and he folded his hands behind his back as he walked off. I followed him as my mind thought about the different things he wanted to talk about. Maybe it's about how I got here? Maybe it's about how I got abused in the past? Granddad opened a door and stepped inside as I followed him.

"Konohamaru" he said sighing "go to your room."

Konohamaru? Who is that?

I stepped inside the room with him and saw a small boy about maybe 5 or 6 with a weird knife in his hand. Konohamaru sneered and pointed the knife at Granddad as my eyes widened.

"Today's your death" Konohamaru exclaimed "prepare yourself!"

The boy ran at Granddad and without hesitating I jumped in front of him. Konohamaru stopped suddenly and stared at me in confusion. What is wrong with this little boy?

"Hey!" He said blushing slightly "move it girl! You're interfering with my business."

Why is he blushing? I grinned shyly and walked over to the boy as he dropped the knife and hesitated.

"Hey!" He repeated blushing deeper "move!"

I picked the boy up and kissed him on the forehead before wrapping him in a warm hug.

Poor boy....he probably gets abused too!

Konohamaru turned beet red as I set him back down, and he hurriedly ran off in embarrassment. Why'd he run off? I was just trying to comfort him since he seemed like he had such a troubled life. Granddad chuckled and closed the door as he sat in one of the chairs.

"It would seem Konohamaru has taken a strange liking to you" he sad as I sat in a chair across from him "you are a rather beautiful child."

I blushed slightly and twiddled my thumbs with a small grin on my face. I enjoy being complimented; I don't get it a lot.

"Who was that boy?" I said curiously "he seemed very.... troubeled."

"Oh that's just my grandson" Granddad said shaking his head "he thinks if he kills me he'll become Hokage. We love each other very much though."

I slowly nodded in understanding and he became serious as he stared at me.

"Ruka" he said firmly "is there anything you want to tell me?"

Is there...?

I've been beaten and made fun of ever since I was born. I've been neglected and shunned by everyone. I've been lonely and in pain. I hate going to sleep because I know when I wake up it will all just start over again. I have a demonic fox inside of my soul.

I could tell him I wish that I was dead instead of alive.

I could tell him I've done things before that I'm not proud of.

I could tell him I was born a mistake... a monster.

I could tell him I don't know who my parents are.

There's so many things I could tell him, yet... I can't.

"There's a lot of things I could tell you" I said sadly "but I won't.... because I can't. I could tell you it hurts waking up every morning to know that my mother and father won't be there to greet me. I could tell you I hate always being rejected and neglected by the only family I have left. However I'd rather not talk about any of that. So the simple answer to your question is no."

Granddad stared at me surprised, but nodded and leaned forward in his chair.

"Now" he said smiling warmly as a way to lighten the mood "I can see it clear in your eyes that you've been in pain. I know another person in this village who had those same eyes, probably still does, however he has the brightest smile I've ever seen in my life. As do you."

I blushed again and grinned slightly. Someone like me? Here? Hmm, I wonder who?

"I'd like to offer you something" Lord Hokage said "the chance to start a new life for yourself."

I leaned forward slightly interested. A new life? That sounds nice. Starting a new life with Granddad and Konohamaru? Yeah. That sounds nice!

"Yeah" I said excitedly "please tell me!"

Lord Hokage chuckled and took off his hat as he plopped it on my head. The hat covered my eyes and I grabbed the tip of it; lifting it up so I could see better.

"I know a boy in this village that would make a great Hokage" he said smiling "you would be the perfect wife for him!"

I blushed in embarrassment and didn't reply. I wonder who this boy is? Granddad seems very fond of him.

"The chance I want to offer you is...." he began.

I leaned forward waiting for his answer. Who knows? Maybe I could learn to like it here.

"To become a ninja!"

........what?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Ta-Da! End of chapter! It's getting so exciting! I hope Ruka becomes a ninja!

Naruto: Me too! Believe it! Oh, and if you didn't already know. Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Awww! So cute! Thank you Naruto-kun!

Naruto: *blushes*

Ruka: Are you blushing?

Naruto: NO!!!!

Me: Later guys!