30. There's no 'I' in Team

'The sleeping fox catches no poultry'

-Benjamin Franklin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is very foolish" Kakashi Sensei said "you will not get a bell. What makes you think you can if your teammates didn't?"

"Because I have something they don't" I replied simply.

"Oh, and what might that be?"

I ignored him and took out my Kunai. I can do this; all the training with Granddad will make up for it if I could just get that bell. I looked towards the bells on his waist and gripped the Kunai tighter. Kakashi Sensei took out some orange book called 'Make-Out Paradise' and started to read. He underestimates me; this is to my advantage.

"Go" he said calmly.

I charged at him with my Kunai and threw it towards him. As expected he dodged it by moving to the right and I lunged out and kicked him square in the chest. The air left his lungs and he leaped back as he rubbed his chest.
"Hmm" he said closing the book and putting it away "you're fast. Looks like I underestimated you."

"I'm going to get that bell" I said firmly.

"We'll see" he said before disappearing.

I frowned and pulled out a Kunai as I looked around on high alert.

Where is he?

To the right.... no.

To the left....no.

Above....no.

So that means....I started making hand signs.

"Ninja Style: Root destruction Jutsu!"

The ground started to shake and roots as sharp as icicles erupted from the ground one by one. I made more hand signs.

"Ninja Style: Root tracking Jutsu!"

The roots all pointed in the same direction then impaled
themselves into the ground. I heard a grunt of pain and Kakashi Sensei retreated from his hiding place, bleeding. Now's my chance. I pulled out another Kunai and as the roots chased him; I ran over to Kakashi Sensei. I tried to kick him in the chest but he dodged it so I threw my Kunai. He dodged that to but doing so managed to let one of the roots stab him in the arm. He grunted again then started to make hand signs.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

A giant fireball appeared and burnt the roots to a crisp. I frowned as I made hand signs again.

"Ninja Style: Water Clone Jutsu!"

Two duplicates of myself appeared alongside me and we all charged Kakashi Sensei. My two clones pulled out Kunai's and threw them at him as I ran forward. He dodged them and I slid on the ground between his legs. Before he could turn around, I stood up and kicked him in the back sending him flying in the air. My two clones jumped into the air and kicked him hard in the stomach as he landed on the ground.

BAM!!

Dirt flew up in clouds of dust and I covered my eyes as it blew past with the wind. I watched him for a while and when he didn't move I walked forward. Time to get that bell.

~Naruto's POV~

BAM!!

"What was that?!" Sakura asked, looking around worriedly.

"It came from where Ruka and Kakashi Sensei are" Sasuke said yawning.

I frowned deeply anr struggled against the rope tying me to this log. Ruka....please be okay! Please!

"We should help her!" I said suddenly.

"Help her?" Sakura said "we can't Naruto, this is her fight."

I turned red with anger. How could Sakura say that?! Ruka needs our help and she knows it!

"BULLCRAP!" I said as her and Sasuke stared "RUKA'S MY FRIEND! I'M NOT GOING TO JUST LET HER FIGHT BY HERSELF! EVEN IF SHE DOES GET A BELL SHE'LL BE SENT BACK TO THE ACADEMY AND I DON'T WANT THAT! SO! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HELP JUST CUT ME DOWN AND I'LL HELP HER MYSELF!"

They stared at me surprised as I glared at them then started to chew on the ropes. Just hold on Ruka! I'm coming! I heard footsteps coming towards me and I looked up to see Sasuke coming towards me with a Kunai.

"Baka" he said starting to cut the ropes "you'll damage your teeth like that."

The ropes fell to the floor and I moved away from the stump as Sasuke handed me a Kunai.

"Ok" he said simply "take us to Ruka."

Sakura stared at Sasuke as though seeing him in a new light then stood up and took out her own Kunai.

"Ok Naruto" Sakura said nodding "take us to Ruka."

I smiled and gripped the Kunai I had with a surge of determination. Don't worry Ruka, I turned towards the forest and smiled, I'm coming for you!

"All right, let's go! Believe it!"

~Ruka's POV~

I walked over to Kakashi Sensei and stared at his still body on the ground. The silver bells glittered in the sun and I reached for one. Suddenly, Kakashi Sensei's body disappeared and I gasped. A clone? I felt someone come up behind me and hold a Kunai to my throat.

"It's over" Kakashi Sensei said pressing the Kunai tighter to my throat.

"No it's not."

"What?"

My clones hurriedly ran towards Kakashi Sensei and he had no choice but to let me go and back away.
"Just give up" Kakashi Sensei said throwing Kunai at my clones and destroying them "without your teammates you'll never win. It's hopeless."

He might be right but I have to try.

"You're right Kakashi Sensei!" A familiar voice said "that's why we're here!"

My eyes widened in surprise and I turned to see Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura all standing there with Kunai's. What are they....why are they here? They came over and stood beside me as both Kakashi Sensei and I stared in confusion.

"W-What are...." I began.

"Ruka" Naruto said "I'm your best friend and I care about you."

He slowly slipped his hand into mine and I felt my heart skip a numerous number of beats.

"So I'm going to help you, believe it!" He said smiling.

My eyes grew wider as my face and neck turned beet red; making Naruto grip my hand even tighter then before.

"That's right!" Sakura said turning towards Kakashi Sensei "we won't let you send Ruka back to the academy!"

"Yep" Sasuke said "either you pass us all or you fail us all."

They got into attack position and Kakashi Sensei simply stared at us. Finally, he straightened up and I thought he was going to attack. Instead the words that came out of his mouth were the last thing anyone was expecting.

"You pass."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed chapter.30!

Sakura: Yeah. It was nice and Ruka is a good fighter.

Naruto: Yeah she is isn't she *smiles*

Me: Looks like someone has a crush.

Naruto: *Blushes* WHAT!? No way! B-Believe it!

Sakura: Ok. Keep telling yourself that lie.

Naruto: HEY!

Me: Later guys!