47. A stranger

'Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend'

-Martin Luther King, Jr.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke stared at Lee for a long time, as though sizing him up, and I prayed he would decline the fight.

"Why not" Sasuke said, cracking his knuckles "this will only take a few seconds."

I mentally groaned and shook my head. Sasuke....

"Hey bushy brow" Naruto said pulling out a Kunai "I'll fight you!"

"No! It's only the Uchiha I want."

This angered Naruto greatly, seeing as he was still trying to prove that he was better then Sasuke. I glanced at Sakura for some sort of assistance but she was to busy staring at Sasuke with hearts in her eyes.

Wonderful....

I nervously bit the end of my fingernail and closed my eyes. Why can't they just learn to get along? Naruto, deciding he was going to fight Lee anyway, raised his Kunai and charged at him. It didn't last that long. Lee simply sighed and grabbed Naruto by the arm before throwing him into the concrete wall, knocking him unconscious.

"L-L-Lee!" I exclaimed,  my eyes widening "that was....so mean!"

Lee gave me an apologetic smile and I raced over to Naruto's aid. He was out like a light, snoring quietly and muttering every now and then. Deciding to heal him, I took a small bottle of healing cream from by weapons pouch along with a bandage and a towel before I removed his ninja headband from his forehead.

He had a medium sized cut on his forehead so. using the towel. I wiped up the blood and began rubbing the healing creme on the cut to keep it from getting infected. Once I finished doing that I opened up the bandage and placed it on his cut.

"There" I said quietly, smiling at me work "all better!"

Without thinking, I leaned over and kissed Naruto's forehead before placing his headband back on. I looked back at Naruto and noticed he was smiling in his sleep. He must be having a good dream.

"Naruto" I said quietly as he slept "you don't have to prove you're better then Sasuke. I like you just the way you are."

"RUKA!" A familiar voice said, making me jump "MY YOUTHFUL GIRL!"

I turned around and saw Guy Sensei standing there along with Lee, Sakura, and Sasuke who looked injured. I'm guessing Lee won like I assumed he would.

"H-Hello Guy Sensei" I said standing up and smiling "it's been a long time."

"Too long I'm afraid!" He said dramatically "Tenten and Neji refuse to be as youthful as Lee! Even you won't be as youthful!"

I just stared at him, Guy Sensei was strange. I felt a presence standing next to me and I looked to see Naruto. He looked over at me and smiled as I blushed and turned back towards Guy Sensei. When did he get up?! He scared the heck out of me!!

"Well Lee and I best be off" Guy Sensei said wrapping his arm around Lee's shoulder "we have to go sign up for these youthful exams!"

With that, they sprinted off, leaving the four of us alone again.

"Can we go now" Sakura said placing her hands on her hips.

No one could argue with that.

*****

"Aw" Kakashi Sensei said as we arrived "you four made it."

"Yep!" Naruto said "believe it! We weren't going to miss this Kakashi Sensei!"