Chapter 25: Under cover!

Eren's Pov

"How is Carol?" Mikasa asked Mr. Eison. "Oh I don't know we broke up last week." He said crossing his arms and putting on a bored expression. "Okay well Sir we need you to come with us for questioning for the murder of Carol Mc'grey." I said hand cuffing his hands together. "Wait I want to speak with my lawyer!" He yelled. "Anything you say will be held against you!" Mikasa said. There was a squad of paparazzi outside already! We escorted him out the building and into the car.

When we got to HQ we put Mr. Eison in a questioning room. Armin came to us and told us what else he found in Carol. "She has many small fragments of glass in her back structure and head. This may have been accident but someone took the pieces and destroyed it to blame someone else. I think it was a 2 person job." He explained. "So you mean someone killed her then took her body to make it seem like someone else killed her?" Mikasa asked. I stormed into the room Mr. Eison was in and started to ask questions.

"What did you do to Carol?" I asked furiously. "I did nothing. Look, when we were dating she would often ask for money. Maybe she died from drugs." He explained acting like he didn't do anything. "If that's true do you mind if we search you car and your house?" I asked him. He looked at me nervously then answered. "Go ahead I have nothing to hide." I looked at him surprised. "Ha, well you see, when was the last time you saw her? What day?" I asked him slamming my hands on the table. He jumped in surprise then answered. "It was at 4:35 pm, Monday." He said. I knew he was nervous. "Okay well Mr. Eison, I'll be back with you later." I said walking out.

"get me a warrant for Mr. Eison's' home and car." I demanded as I walked to my desk. Mikasa walked to her desk right across me. It was her desk to my left and Armins' desk across from her. A spare desk was across from me but no one was in it. I wonder if anyone will ever join our team.

"Eren I got the warrant for the house and the car." Mikasa handed me the papers. "Sweet lets check it out tomorrow." I said. "Why tomorrow?" She asked. "Because its 8: 32㏘ don't you need to get home?" I asked her with a smirk on my face. "Omg Max I forgot can you give me a ride?" She asked grabbing her stuff. "Of course."

We both got in the car. She let her hair down and rolled the window down. Her hair blew with the wind and she looked beautiful. I could feel my cheeks get hot and that's when I knew I was still in love with her. There no way she could ever love me again not after what I did to her. "Hey Eren, you alright?" Mikasa asked. To my surprise she was very close to my face. I blushed even more. "Yeah I'm okay." I said. "Oh okay. My house is just over here." She pointed. "I know."

We got to her house and she got out of the car. I saw Max run out up to her and hug her. He saw me and ran up to the car. "Hey Eren what's up?" He asked. "Nothing much, wyd?" (What you doing) I asked. "Nothing I was just playing some Call of Duty but don't tell mom." He whispered to me. I pat his head. "Sweet add me on Xbox1!" I winked at him. "Can't you come inside?" He asked me. "I'd love to but..." I looked at Mikasa. She nodded her head saying its cool. "Sure dude let me park. Want to get in?" I asked him. "Yeah!" he jumped in and we drove around the street and then I parked the car.

"Mom this car is awesome!" Max exclaimed. "Awe I know right." Mikasa answered. We all walked in. I held Max on my back and we walked inside. "You hungry?" Mikasa asked me. "No I won't be staying long." Max got really upset at first but soon yawned. "I guess someone is really tired." Mikasa said taking Max to the bedroom. When she came out she was in a black tank-top and jean shorts. "Hey Mikasa, I'm going to get going." I said as I was walking to the door. "Oh okay I'll see you at work." She waved me good bye and I walked out to my car.

**The Next Day**

At work Mikasa and I went to Mr. Eison's home. When we got to the house there was an unexpected surprise waiting. "Hey Eren do you think he really killed her?" Mikasa asked me. "I don't know," I couldn't really give a correct answer but I knew we had to check his home. We pulled up to the drive way and saw there was another car at the house. We slowly aproached the car and saw that no one was inside it. I gave Mikasa a signal to move forward. We knocked on the door then moments later it open. "Hello?" A women asked. We were blown away. "Hello, Who are you?" Mikasa asked. She looked at our guns then back at us. "I'm Mrs. Eison." She answered a little scared. "Ma'ma we have athority to search your home. Please move aside." Mikasa said as she walked in to the home.