Chapter 28: Interesting

Eren's Pov

I walked down the halls of HQ with Mikasa to my left holding my arm and Armin reading reports and files on my right. We continued to walk when a higher ranking officer came to us. "These are your temporary new partners." He said handing us files. Mikasa and I look at each other than a memory hit me.

*Memory*

My boss called me in for a small talk. I walked in his office and sat in the chair in front of his desk. "Sir?" I asked. "I would like to talk to you about something important." He explained. "You'll be training a new member of the Survey Cops. It's only temporary." He explained. I thought about it for a minute and maybe this was best. I'll worry too much about Mikasa. Maybe some time apart will help! "I understand Sir and I think it's a great idea." Maybe I was just lying to myself. "Oh, great."

*Memory over*

"Oh shit!" I said to myself but apparently loud enough that Mikasa could here. "What is it Eren?" She asked me. I looked at the file, I haven't open the file yet, all I could focus on was Mikasa and how worried she looked. "Aren't you going to open it?" She asked me about to open hers. Did she know about this? I opened it and was about to drop dead.

"Annie?!"

"What you say!?" Mikasa questioned me. "Annie!" I yelled louder. She took the file out of my hand and look at it. Her eyes started to water. "It's like you two were meant together!" She started to cry. I hugged her tightly in my arms. "Mikasa don't say such a thing!" I commanded. "That was a long time ago!" I said. She calmed down and looked at her file. "Oh my fuck! Holy shit!" She screamed. "What is it?" I asked still holding her. "Mikasa what you get?" Armin asked. "I got Sasha! I can't believe it!" She screamed in excitement. "I can't believe she also became a Survey Corps Officer!" I said in excitement. But Annie really!

Mikasa and I were sitting at our desk talking about everything when two girls walked in through the doors. "Annie and Sasha!" Mikasa said in an angry tone but also happy..

"Mikasa!!" Sasha screamed! "Sasha!" Mikasa screamed. "I can't wait to work with you!" She said happily. I saw Annie walking towards my desk. I took a deep breath then stood up. Mikasa watched every move I did in the corner of her eye.

"Hello Eren." She said all fancy and grown up. I don't by it. "Good afternoon Annie. Long time no see." I said holding my hand out to shake. "Yes it has been a long time." She said shaking my hand. "It's funny I came here to look for the love of my life and then you show up to ruin it!" I smirked at her. "Huh, Well Eren go fuck yourself!" She said walking to her desk and unpacking.

"We have a mission tomorrow. It's an easy task not difficult." Mikasa explained. "Great, what's the point of the mission?" Annie asked. "Well the mission is that we got a report of strange fires on cruise ships." Sasha said looking over Mikasa's shoulder. "Correct. We have to go on the cruise and watch for any suspicious. We think these fires are on purpose!" Mikasa said. "Oh so like a paid vacation but also a mission?" I asked. "Yep!" She said in a happy voice. "Yay!" I yelled.

*Later that day*

It was late Mikasa and I were the only ones in office still working. Mikasa's Pov

I saw how Eren was so frustrated with his work. I couldn't help but feel bad. His eyes were becoming tired and if he fell asleep then he can't go on the mission/vacation. I smiled evilly when a thought went through my head.

"Oh Eren!!" I said in a sexy tone. "Yes..?" He said not taking his eyes off the papers. I grabbed the paper he was holding and placed it on his desk. "You look a little bit tired." I said. "You can tel- what are you doing?" He asked me.