Chapter 50: Glad you're back...

Annie's Pov

I looked up from my hands and smiled.

'I'm back...'

After saying only those to words Armin hugged me tightly and I could feel my shoulder getting wet. "Annie, welcome back!" He cried out to me. I smiled, pet his head, and looked up at the ceiling. Armin, if only you knew what I had done to you... You wouldn't have said those things....

I let out even more tears from my deep-sky blue eyes... Why... did I have to become part of this operation...? Why did I have to hurt the one I love the most?

Armin pulled away slowly but in my eyes all I could see was Armin, pulling away from me in disgust, not wanting to be near me.

"I'm so sorry Armin..." I cried out. He smiled and wiped my tears away. "It's okay Annie, once we get everyone in jail you'll be able to come back to the Survey Corps... With me..." He smiled brightly.

'Oh Armin...'

*Time Skip*

Every day since that day Armin has come to visit me... It felt so nice to see him again... Even if it was only him who could. I wish I could more detail on everything sooner.

Armin explained to me what happen but I had already known about these things... Since I'm the one who helped...

He first started with Krista, his wife... He explained how she died... How he shot her... To me though it feels like I'm the one who shot the sniper...

After that he explained about Eren's dad and how he is actually working with Claris... I knew that too, since I'm the one who's actually shaken hands with the women...

He explained how Erwin was murdered and traces of Eren's dads finger prints were everywhere... I knew that too... I'm the one who lead Erwin to the room... I watched as he got murdered... I filled the bath with Ice...

Armin if only you knew...

I can't tell him though... I can't blow everyone's cover... They'll torture me till I spill and then what will happen to me?

He told me how sad he was when he stepped into his house. How he took down all the pictures of Krista... How he removed all of her clothing and locked them in the attic... I did this to him... I've been feeling this way for a long time now... I can't even remember how I got into this really...

"Annie, when do you think Eren and Mikasa can know about you living?" Armin asked me taking me out of my thoughts. That's right, I told Armin not to tell anyone about me being alive... He told me he wouldn't...

Really I would be able to leave knowing the Erwin is dead and shit but... I can't do that... If something goes wrong things will go bad... In the end... I'm the person who plays as the shadow of the bad guy...

"They can't know Armin... I'm sorry but things are bad for me right now and I don't want to risk getting killed... Again...

He nodded and we sat in silence... 2 weeks this has been going on and each time he comes I feel more guilt and shame... 'How can you love someone...? When you're the cause of their pain?'

"Annie, I think I'm going to head home now. It's getting late..." He trailed off. I nodded letting him go. As he turned around I thought to myself...

'Please...'

"Don't..."

"Go..."

I accidently said those 2 words out loud and I grabbed my arm sleeve while saying them. He turned around and looked at me but I blushed a dark Mikasa scarf red...