Chapter 44: Invite

Eren's Pov

"Hello, I'm 'Dyane Miles' reporting to you live about the so called partnership that has been floating around on the street. We all know this man, Eren Yeager. Married to Mikasa Yeager and father to their adopted son Max Yeager. A.K.A Max Mc'grey. Some believe after an explosion going off in the car owned by Eren that he planned it all. That he is the reason for the Survey Corps HQ exploding!"

The news reporter explained. Mikasa was behind me on the break of tears. "Some even say Mikasa is also in on it-" I turned off the T.v before she could listen to anymore bullshit coming from that woman. I walked up to her and hugged her. "People think we did this..." She sobbed. "Shhh Mika, its okay she's just making a story for everyone." I explained trying to calm her down. After a while she calmed down and we separated from our hug. I smiled as I wiped her tears away. "Hey mom?" Max called. She looked over at him and smiled. "Yes, what is it dear?" She asked. I walked over to fridge while they talked. "Hey mom we're out of-" I cut them off. "Out of food!" I yelled. Running towards Mikasa, falling to my knees, and grabbed her hands begging for food! Max caught on and fell to his knees and begged. "Alright, if you want food then go to the store and get it yourselves." Mikasa smiled. She knows I hate shopping... I agreed since she probably wasn't hungry or wanting any food so I decided to go. "Come on Max, let's go." I said as I walked towards the door. Mikasa walked up to me, gave me a kiss on mine and Maxes cheek, then shooed us away.

Mikasa's Pov

It's been about 10 minutes since Eren and Max left and it's so quiet and nice. I slowly sat back to relax and listen to music when I heard a knock at the door... Thinking it was Eren with his hands full of groceries I ran to the door and opened it. It wasn't Eren or Max though...

"Jean?!" I asked surprised and scared a bit. I was about to shut the door since he wasn't going to respond. As the door was an inch away from shutting he put his foot in the door. "Can I just barrow a few minutes of your time?" He asked. "You know I'm a cop so don't do anything shitty." I smirked and open the door. We sat of the couch and he began to speak.

"I just wanted to know if you would like to go out for dinner at the new restaurant that just opened." He explained. My eyes widen. "Wait, did I not make myself clear when I said I was married?!" I asked standing straight up. "No, I mean yes you did but no, I wanted to go as friends." He answers my question. I shake my head. "No, I'm sorry just I don't think I can trust you after you tried to kiss me." I explain sitting back down. "Oh well yeah, I understand." He says getting up ready to leave. "I'm sorry." I apologize. He just smiles. I rush over to the door to open it for him but someone else opens the door.

Eren's Pov

After Max and I only getting a mountain of snacks and not really food we headed back home. Max ran towards the back and grabbed all the bags leaving me with only the coke cans. He waited at the front door for me to open it. He had a free hand why didn't he? "Why didn't you open the door?" I asked. He didn't respond. "Alrighty then..."

Opening the door I saw Mikasa and JEAN!? My eyes widen and so did Mikasa's... "Why is he here?" I ask in anger. We all stand there awkwardly but Max pushes his way through us to put the food away. He didn't make eye contact with Mikasa. Just gave a very scary glare at Jean.

"Mikasa please explain." I demanded. She came to my side and started to explain. "He came over to ask me if I wanted to go to dinner. I said no and he was about to leave." I looked at her kind of pissed that she even let him in. "I'll talk to you later about this." I said and stared to walk to the kitchen. I heard Mikasa tell Jean to leave then walk to the kitchen. Max looked at her and gave her a hug. "Please don't cheat on dad." He pleaded. She pets his head. Should I be telling her not to cheat on me? "I'm not going to cheat on Eren but you need to leave me and him alone to talk. He nodded and walked to his room.