Chapter 46: Cliffhanger

Mikasa's Pov

A whole month has passed since Krista's death. Things have been normal-ish. We haven't heard anything about Claris but Armin is determined to find her and kill her. I can't blame him though. I want to kill her too for everything she has done.

Right now Eren has his head down sleeping on his desk and I am going through some old files in my desk. Sasha is eating and Armin is locked in his lab.

Things have been slow. Max had been much attached to May. Her mother has been in the hospital for the past 9 days. May is currently staying in our guest bedroom.

For now we have been waiting for something to happen but nothing and it's irritating. Is she planning to just walk away from everything she is doing? From what I can sum up, she at first wanted to revenge her son's death but that really wasn't anyone's fault. I guess after Eren and I getting in her way now she has lost her way of revenge and now has just gone mad with power.

It's not like we can just go around and search every corner for her. Remembering now that she has taken her boyfriend with her and Max mentioning another man before we are searching for 3 people now! We know everything about Claris and John but nothing about this new guy... Slamming my head lightly on my desk I make Sasha worry.

"Mikasa, is something the matter?" She asked in concern for me. "I'm alright, just frustrated in all that has happen." I explain reassuring my condition. She nods as she starts to head towards the elevator. We still have not gotten our main HQ re-built yet but for now we are camping with the Military police. We are the smallest branch of the military in terms of the membership, with an overall size of around 300 men. Not many people respect us in some ways but we do get our jobs done.

We had to share with the Military police and it sucks! Our equipment is terrible and everyone is looking down on us; their just jealous that we got to this case first.

As my head was lying on my crappy white desk I felt someone's hands touch me. Looking through the gap I see its Eren. He kisses my head and I smile.

"Eren..." I started before looking up at his handsome face. "Where are you going?" He doesn't give me an answer. Instead he just looks away. Waiting for an answer I ask again. "Eren... Where are you going?" I ask more concern and scared. He looks at me blankly then smiles.

"When we were at Claries house I remember see a photo of her and Levi. I plan to go to the prison he is being held and talk to him... Maybe if he knows anything he can help us." After hearing it's pretty awesome that he found this information.

"Eren, if you're going I'm going too!" I exclaim. He doesn't respond, he just kisses my cheek and smiles. "Since it's not going to be dangerous you can come." After him saying that I smile brightly.

"Jeez guys get a room!" Jean cries out. Why does he have to be in the Military Police...?

"What; like your room?" Eren smirks.

"I heard from Marco it makes it better since you got a water bed!" Eren and I laugh.

"H-he's never been in my house or my room. I don't even like him like that!" He yelled without realizing Marco was behind him.

"R-r-real-ly?" Marco cried running away.

"No M-arco come back!" Jean chased Marco.

Eren and I started to laugh before heading towards the elevator. Waiting till we got to the garage and while waiting I locked hands with Eren and he kissed it.

I smiled.

Once we got down to the garage where all the cars were held Eren searched every inch of the car. Since the bombing shit happened he hasn't gotten into a car unless he has searched everywhere. I don't blame him.