Chapter 48: What would I do?

'What would I do without you?' I've asked myself this for a while now... What would I do? Would I continue on with my life? Drive myself mad thinking about it? Not sure....

Eren's Pov

*40 minutes before getting Max and May*

I sat back as I took everything in before asking the most important question, "Where are they?" I asked. If even the smallest opportunity I can talk to my father I would take it instantly but right now I'm just so dazed with knowing what I know, it's killing me.

Waiting for an answer Mikasa comes from behind me. "Eren, is something wrong?" She asked with concern and fear. "I would love to say everything is okay but..." I trailed off not really finishing.

"We not only know where Eren's father and Claris is but I have more news-" I cut him off. "What is the other news?" What is this game they are playing and why?

"Have you noticed that our boss hasn't been heard from in days?" He asked. Now that he mentions it why have Mikasa, Armin, and the rest of my team been dealing with everything?

"That bitch, is he taking a vacation and leaving all his work on us?" I burst out in anger and a tint of jealously. He looked at me like I was a retard and I can't blame him. I stop smiling and look at him with a blank face like Mikasa.

"No, I think that he is working with Claris... But since no one has actually seen his face I don't know what to say really. I'm jumping through hoops trying to figure this stuff out but I just can't..." Armin stressed over this. I seriously wonder what goes on in his head...

Armin's Pov

*10 Minutes after Krista Died*

I fell to my knees as I watched Claris leave. What have I done... Krista... she's dead...

The scene just keeps replaying in its head over and over again... The bullets shooting... Her going down... I... killed my wife...

I forced myself in a ball on the cold cement. Eren and Mikasa were hugging me in comfort but it wasn't working...

"Shhh, Armin, it's going to be okay I promise..." She tried to be supportive and calm me down but it wasn't working. I need to get away from here...

"Mikasa, sometimes aren't the times to give supportive and kind words to others in pain... It only makes it worse." I stood up still letting the tears fall. No one inside the building was injured except Krista... I shouldn't have let her go in I should have stood up and made her stay...

I looked up and saw a body bag being carried out of the building...

I sat up after being on my knees for a period of time and started to walk. I heard Mikasa and Eren call for me but I stayed silent and continued to walk. My eyes were filled with tears and no matter how many times I tried to wipe them away fresh ones would form. Someone grabbed my and felt like a man's so in the moment I grabbed the arm making them flip over me. It was Eren!

I let go of him and stood straight again. Even with more horror filling inside me. I hurt my best friend! What if that could have been Mikasa?!

"I- I'm sorry Eren..." I apologized and ran. I ran as fast as I could until I reached my car. There I got in and started to drive away; leaving behind my friends calling my name.

*Time Skip*

I didn't want to go home since I would just die in guilt. I know it isn't right to run away from your problems but in this case all I can do is run. I don't want to be near anyone. I need some alone time to clear my mind. Man, I feel like a dick...