6 : I want to know.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

"Are you doing anything after this?" Seunghee asked.

"Nothing. Why?" Jeonghan answered.

"Can we go the café for a bit before going home?"

"Sure, let's do that."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

And so they went. After ordering some iced coffee, Seunghee didn't waste any more time to ask him.

"Jeonghan I'm really thankful that you helped me with what happened with Cheol. I'm really grateful that you were there that night. I don't know how I'm gonna go about it if you weren't there, so thank you really," Seunghee started.

Jeonghan was just quiet then.

"But I have something to ask you. Why? Why are you doing all these for me? We're not that close. You're his friend and not mine. We don't know each other personally. We don't even talk that much. I'm just wondering... Why go through all these troubles just for me? I want to know Jeonghan."

"I like you," Jeonghan said.

Seunghee was amazed. He said it so casually, without batting his long eyelashes, looking straight into her eyes. Then he smiled and looked down on his coffee.

"It's obvious right? I like you from the start. Seungcheol was right. It was just that he knew you and liked you first. But from the moment I first saw you, it was like this. I've always felt this way for you Seunghee. But I won't mind if we stay like this. I don't care if you find another guy to like and have a relationship with. I don't care about that. As long as I can stay with you. As long as I can watch you and protect you. And as long I have the chance to be the last guy you'll chose to be with in your life," he stated.

Seunghee was tongue-tied. She was so touched. Jeonghan was so mature about loving her. He was willing to sacrifice for her. Willing to wait until she turns to him for his love. She was only 20 but how in the world can she ever find someone with pure love as him? She was so ashamed of herself. Asking him directly only to hear his honest answer. He was a genuine man. She didn't know if she could be as pure as him if she decides to love him.

"I'm sorry... I was so full of myself..." she uttered.

"No, Seunghee. You're not. You're fine the way you are. You're perfect. I didn't want to tell you even though it's obvious cuz I didn't want you to be thinking about it. I'm alright like this. As long as I can stay with you. As your friend. I won't demand anything, we can just stay like this..."

"No, it's gonna be unfair to you. I don't want that. The truth is, I've come to like you too Jeonghan."

"What..."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...