9 : I didn't mean to..

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The next days, Kevin was always at the university premises. Seunghee seemed in a brighter mood than usual. Jeonghan somehow feels out of place everytime Kevin was with them.

At lunch, Kevin was with them again for the third time that week.

"Oppa, have you finished your business here? Are they releasing your credentials soon?" Seunghee asked.

"Well, the registrar said it'll take a week or two since it was a few years ago," Kevin answered.

"I never thought you're from this school sunbae," Jeonghan butted in.

"You're not from here are you?" Kevin questioned.

"I just moved here for college," Jeonghan answered.

"I've known Seunghee since middle school. She was in elementary then," Kevin said.

"Yeah, he's like my big brother. He would always treat me since we came from the same subdivision" Seunghee uttered.

"You've haven't grown since I left for abroad huh?" Kevin added.

"What do you mean I haven't grown? I did! A few cm I guess," Seunghee exclaimed.

"Where did that few cm go I wonder?" Kevin said laughing.

"Oppa! Stop it," Seunghee whined.

"She really hates it when I tease her about her height," Kevin shared.

"Oppa! Now Jeonghan knows..." she moped.

Jeonghan could only smile half-heartedly. They continued teasing each other like good old friends do. But he knew Kevin was different. He was a guy too. There was something about him that makes him tick.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Seunghee didn't really notice how Jeonghan was with Kevin around. She was just glad that Kevin came back. He was her best friend. She knew she wouldn't be with any other guy if he was only around these past few years. As Jeonghan was with her during break time that afternoon, she would only talk about Kevin.

"Oppa said he's coming back tomorrow too. Did you know he worked for an international agency? He only came back to renew his contract. He's leaving again after two months. Ah... I'm gonna miss him again! He's so persistent in working abroad. I told him he could work here," Seunghee shared.

"What's your relationship with him?" Jeonghan asked out of nowhere.

Seunghee turned to Jeonghan. And his face was showing all seriousness. Then was the time that Seunghee realized she was hurting him. It was only a few days ago that she said she liked him. And she does, but why is she doing this to him? She was taken aback by her actions.

"Well, he's my best friend. I'm sorry Jeonghan. I didn't mean to..."

"It's alright. I told you I'll wait. But just let me stay with you. Like this, even if you're all about another guy. I don't care."

Why is he doing this to me? She thought. But if he put it that way, I don't have to think about hurting him right? Because he was wounded from the very start.

"Don't mind me. I can always listen to you whenever you like. Wherever you like. So how was his work abroad? Where did he work at? At which country?"

Seunghee obliged. No matter what, she would make him feel close to her. She smiled.

"He worked as an intern in California..."

Somehow, the heavy feeling faded. Seunghee really felt relaxed around Jeonghan. It was their foundation. It was what they were hanging on to.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...