16 : That's because..

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Kevin's hopes fell down right infront of him. If there was heaven, there surely was hell. It pummeled his heart to bits. He turned teary eyed. He can't grasp the thought.

"Why Seunghee?"

It was hard for Seunghee too but she had to tell him.

"You are my sun oppa. I'm really glad we are friends. I'm really glad I'm your best friend. Someone like me... And just like the sun, you give me warmth. You give me inspiration. And you shine so bright... that sometimes it's so hard for me to look at you," she started.

Kevin could hardly comprehend then. She was finally rejecting him.

"For me you are unreachable. Everything about you overwhelms me. Oppa you are so great. Everything about you is great... And I don't think you belong with someone like me."

"But I told you I'd stay if only you let me!"

"And I don't want that! I don't want you to stay! You don't belong here oppa. You just don't. Someone like you is one in a million. You deserve to be out there, anywhere but here. And you... Deserve someone better."

"But you're the best for me! Seunghee please..."

"Oppa I'm just gonna drag you down. I'll just be a hindrance to all that you want to become. And I can't take that. Oppa, you can find someone else. Someone more than me. Just look around you."

"But you're the one I need..."

"Oppa, I don't and can't love you more than what we are today. That's... The real reason. I love you as my best friend. And I care about you. So please be happy... Without me..."

"And it's him? You're choosing Jeonghan, aren't you?"

"I haven't chosen anyone yet oppa."

"So why did you give him the moon then?"

"That's because..."

"I need to know Seunghee... Please."

"I'm not choosing him now yet. There are so many possibilities left for us. But just like the moon, he shines just right. With a dim light, he leads me, he protects me, gently. And that is why I'm a star. Cuz it's easy for me to be with the same sky as him. There would be clouds between us sometimes but it can always clear away. Oppa, he's special to me. In a way I still can't explain now. But that doesn't mean I've chosen him. That doesn't mean I love him already. It only means I've put my trust in him. I know it's random, but that's how he is to me. He's someone like that for me right now."

But the way her eyes sparkled when she said those things about him was evident. Kevin could only feel jealous. What more if she really admitted loving him for real? He was beat. There was nothing more painful than seeing the girl he loves fall for another man. It was crushing him. He was starting to lose it.

"Oppa, I'm happy you can go back to California. I really wish you all the best there. So please forgive me. I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you."

She hugged him. She was so guilty of not reciprocating his love. But it was better than fooling him and hurting him later. She only did what she was supposed to do. She only saved him from more pain. But at that time, his broken heart was eating him. It was getting the better of him. Then Seunghee just felt his embrace tighten.

"I love you Seunghee... Please don't do this to me..."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...