68 : Till that time comes.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Seunghee was shocked. She never anticipated his history to be like this. She held his hand tight.

"Jeonghan..."

"It's okay. You need to know everything about me. You have to know this."

She nodded. He knew she would pity her, he knew she would feel sorry for him but he can't change his past. All he had to do was face up to the future.

"My dad was the CEO of the company my mother worked at and she was his secretary. He loved her but she did not feel the same. But something happened to them during a trip. And so my mom got pregnant with me. Dad became so happy. He thought she would submit to him when they have a child but it went the other way around. Her refusal of him only got stronger. But he loved her so much, he kept pursuing her. Only that his doings bounced back at me instead. Mom abused me. She would always hurt every time dad would come over. And she said seeing me only made her remember him. My childhood was barely a happy one with mom."

Seunghee started tearing up. She felt so hurt for him. She had no idea he suffered so much in the past. He wiped away a tear on her cheek and looked somberly at her. He didn't want her crying but he had to continue.

"Then mom committed suicide."

Seunghee could not take it any longer. She hugged him firmly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you recall all of these memories. I'm sorry Jeonghan."

She was crying unstoppably. She felt so guilty. It was a total shock for her. The person she loved had to live through such a horrible past. But she could not see any of it in him. Every day when they were together, she had always thought he was pampered and loved by his parents much more than her. But learning this tragic past from him, she felt so much remorse.

"It's okay Seunghee. Calm down."

Jeonghan patted her back. He could see how affected she was. But this past made him the kind person he is today, and that was something he was thankful of.

"But because mom died, dad took me in and my life changed."

Seunghee slowly let go and faced him. He was smiling and her weeping gradually faded too.

"Dad spoiled me. He gave me everything. He's always there when I need him, either with material or moral support. And he never married. He only had mom in his heart. He may have driven her to her death, but it wasn't his fault that she didn't love her. She was the only person he ever loved. If only she did not die, he was willing to wait for her all his life. And he hoped someday she would eventually be able to accept him. And up till today, he wishes that he'd be able to be with her in the afterlife. He's funny, he never misses to keep a picture of her in his wallet. And he talks to her everyday, he looks silly. I grew up watching him, like that."

Jeonghan was finally smiling. Seunghee was thankful. He cupped her face gently.

"And that's what made me who I am today. I wanted to be like dad. To be able devote my life to only one person. To only one girl. To only one woman. And that's you. That's you Seunghee."

She felt overwhelmed. She held the hand on her face and nuzzled with it. She had to thank that man, that person who brought him up and brought him to her life. Seunghee loved Jeonghan so much. She had never been so certain in her life. And it was never going to change.

"I will wait for you until you decide to spend your whole life with me. I won't rush things and I won't ask for anything else. Just you Seunghee. Just you."

"And I will be staying by your side till that time comes."

Seunghee kissed him ardently and wholeheartedly. She decided would give him what she could from then on until they reach that time. That time when they could be together everlastingly. Jeonghan was the happiest guy in the world that moment. He would let no one take her away from him. With her, waiting for forever didn't seem long enough.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...