66 : Rumors are rumors.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Sehun shared, "That there's a psycho among the trainees. That he had been admitted to a mental institute for 5 years in his childhood."

"Sounds legit to me. You don't get that kind of rumor everyday," Jeonghan commented.

"Yeah. So you're sure he's a guy?" Seunghee inquired.

"Well yeah. That's what everyone is saying. And they said it just came to be that he was sponsored by some wealthy politician or something that he got in," Sehun added.

"Sounds troublesome," Jeonghan insights.

"Yeah, and if that's true isn't a bit unsafe here? You better lock your room at night oppa," Seunghee said.

"I will my sweet cousin."

Sehun pinched her cheeks like he usually did and she pouted. Jeonghan could not contain how cute she was. Kissing her cheek was the thing he did next and Sehun did not approve of it.

"Why you little..."

Sehun acted like kicking him and Jeonghan pretended like defending himself. They were acting silly with the foreplay.

"Ah, you two stop it..." Seunghee murmured.

But deep inside, she was having fun. Seeing them getting along had never made her feel any better.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Seunghee walked Jeonghan to his part-time job then.

"What do you think about Sehun-oppa's story?"

"I don't know? Maybe it's made up just to keep the trainees indoors at night."

"Hm... It bothers me though. It's such a concrete rumor. But then it's really scary if that's true. I'm thinking what kind of psycho is that person?"

"You worry too much. It's just rumor. Your cousin's gonna be alright."

"I'm just exercising the benefit of the doubt theory."

"Rumors are rumors Seunghee."

"Okay, alright. I'm just overthinking. I'll drop you off now. I have to buy something."

"Okay, send me a message when you arrive home."

They were already at his workplace. Seunghee gave him a kiss on the cheek before going and Jeonghan just stared at her as she went ahead.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Seunghee bought pieces of strings for her piano. The maintenance-man asked her to buy some replacement parts for his service the next day. She was walking along the street going home when someone walked beside her. She was startled only to find out it was Chanyeol. She stopped on her tracks with a big sigh.

"Did I scare you?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh... I thought it was a holdup or something. Don't you ever do that to me again!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

But she remembered, she wasn't supposed to meet this guy right?

"What are you doing here Chanyeol-shi?"

"Seunghee, I just want to say sorry to you for what I did that day."

He showed all sincerity in his eyes and Seunghee could not ignore a person this honest. And besides he never really did her any wrong, did he?

"Alright, let's talk."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

They ended up in the same café they last met. Seunghee felt a little awkward with him though. She did not give him enough credit for being a nice person and she felt a bit guilty about it.

"I'm really sorry for intruding with your relationship with Jeonghan. I never meant to be a bother. Aside from my feelings being genuine, I really just wanted to help Sehun with his plan."

"I know that. We just made up a while ago. He admitted everything to me. Well, I'm sorry too for being harsh on you. I just wanted you to stop pursuing me cuz it won't do us any good. We might end up as enemies if you persisted. If possible, I just want us to continue being acquaintances like this or even be friends in the future. You're a good guy Chanyeol-shi."

Chanyeol was relieved, so he could continue meeting her. It was alright even if he won't be able to have her.

"I'm glad. So I could still meet you right?"

"Yah."

"Thank you Seunghee."

"You're welcome."

It was a baggage off her chest again. She just wanted things to be all right. Chanyeol was just a victim of the circumstances. She didn't have to treat him sternly. But apparently, things were a bit complex for Chanyeol. Behind his outward façade lies a more complicated persona. While Seunghee was drinking her coffee, he stared at her with wild eyes. Something he seldom did. And she was oblivious of what was to happen. An event that would make her world take a sharp turn.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...