18 : Goodbye.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Early the next day, Seunghee and Jeonghan got to the airport to bid Kevin goodbye.

"So I think this is it. See you again sometime Seunghee," Kevin bade.

"Take care there oppa," Seunghee said.

They hugged each other with lonely smiles on their faces.

"Have a safe trip sunbae," Jeonghan uttered.

Jeonghan offered his hand to him. Kevin knew he lost to him, so he shook his hand.

"Take care of Seunghee for me," Kevin requested.

"Oppa!" Seunghee interjects.

Jeonghan smiled at her and then back at him.

"You don't have to remind me. I always will," Jeonghan said.

"It's better to be sure," Kevin replied.

"I'll miss you again oppa. Visit us sooner alright?" Seunghee said.

"I'll try. So that's my flight right there. I better get going."

"Don't forget to call me once in a while."

"Yeah, I will. Goodbye Seunghee."

"Goodbye oppa."

Kevin then turned around to go. He knew it was just a matter of time before Seunghee would finally admit to herself that she loves Jeonghan. It was a shame. He wasn't really scheduled to return home but because he was expecting she would feel the same, he hurried back cancelled his contract and left everything in California for her. But of course he couldn't tell her that now. She made up her mind. And she didn't love him the way he did. He lost everything. And he was lost too. But seeing her face for the last time and biding him goodbye, he found hope again. Maybe in California someone's waiting for him. Just maybe. And so with a final peek at her, he faded into the crowd.

Seunghee was teary eyed by then but with a loud sigh she dismissed it.

"Let's go?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said.

As they were walking back,

"Are you ready for the finals? What genre will you sing?" Jeonghan asked.

"A ballad of course, I'll play the piano. And you? You've been keeping your performance a secret from me," Seunghee answered.

"Well let's just save it for the finals."

"Ahh! You're not fair! Come on, spill it out!"

"No. I'll save it for the finals. You'll just have to check me out."

"You're so unfair!"

Jeonghan was just laughing. It was times like these that he really loves her. She was so cute when she sulks.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...