75 : This is just my punishment.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Day by day, Jeonghan tried his best to make her forget about the incident. He cheered her up by going an extra mile for her. He did funny things, stupid things, romantic things and lastly heart-warming things to ease her. And it made her relax bit by bit that she was able to sleep peacefully at night alone again. He felt somewhat relieved. Even her parents were seeing the change. She was starting to smile again. The smile she used to have, the smile she used to capture them with. It had only been a month and her parents were really glad.

They went over the Oh residence that day. Seunghee missed her piano. She started playing it as soon as she arrived.

"I'll just play for a while okay?"

She left her parents and Jeonghan at the living room though she was just across the room. As the music resounded around the room, they talked about her.

"She's doing well. I'm really glad. Thank you Jeonghan," her mom said.

"I'm doing my best to help her. I really want to bring the Seunghee I once knew back."

"For how long is it gonna take you?" her dad asked.

"I... don't know sir. But I'm trying."

"You said you would do it. Don't turn back on your words boy."

"I will do it sir. And after all of these are done, can I ask for your blessings? I wish to marry your daughter as soon as we graduate."

"Don't push your luck just yet. If Seunghee decides to leave, we'll leave right away."

"I'll see to it that she doesn't consider leaving again sir."

"Well, it's all up to her."

They stared at Seunghee who was jauntily playing the piano. Jeonghan would make her stay. He won't let any other option cloud her vision.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

They also met with Sehun and Yujin on the way. They shared coffee at their fave hangout at the plaza. Jeonghan and Seunghee sat across Sehun and Yujin at a table.

"I just learned your father owns this plaza. That's just marvelous," Sehun uttered.

"I told him oppa," Yujin said.

"I never intended to tell anyone Yujin," Jeonghan replied.

"You're just so modest," Yujin told him.

Jeonghan answered, "I'm not I just don't want to brag."

"It's not bragging, it's just stating the facts. Just like how I do," Sehun stated.

"Ah... don't put us in the same dish, hyung," Jeonghan replied.

Seunghee was a bit surprised hearing Jeonghan call Sehun hyung. "Eh? Since when did you take a step up in your friendship?"

"Well, since you..." Sehun stopped.

Jeonghan shook his head at him slightly. They didn't want to make her recollect. Yujin also looked a little worried.

"And when did Yujin meet Sehun oppa?" Seunghee tried to change the topic. She noticed they were being a bit cautious around her.

"A while ago. Sehun oppa's been nice to me," Yujin answered.

"Really? Never heard of something like that," Seunghee said.

"I'm good with the ladies my sweet cousin," Sehun uttered.

"I didn't say anything," Seunghee replied.

"Yeah, hyung's only cruel towards me," Jeonghan interjects.

"That's a given," Sehun said.

They laughed.

"Do you want some sweets? My treat. It's out first meeting today, the four of us," Seunghee asked.

"Me unnie! I'll pick some with you," Yujin answered.

"Okay, come Yujin."

The girls got in line to order some sweets. Then Jeonghan went staring at Seunghee from their seat as Sehun took a sip of his coffee.

"So how is she doing? She looks a lot better now," Sehun queried.

"I'm doing my hardest to keep her away from those memories," Jeonghan said.

"You're doing good Jeonghan. Don't be so hard on yourself."

"This is just my punishment for not taking care of her."

"You're taking care of her now."

"Well, yeah."

Seunghee and Yujin were cheekily chatting as they picked the sweets. Jeonghan knew it was time to move forward. He would do it that night. He had to take his chance.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...