54 : You're the problem.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

"So what do you do for a living?" her dad started.

"Dad? We're still in college remember?" Seunghee answered.

"Oh, yeah. Excuse me. Why don't we have dinner first? I'm kinda hungry."

Really now? Jeonghan thought.

"Okay, Seunghee help me prepare the table," her mom asked her.

"Okay. Dad! Don't you dare..."

She was reminding her dad. But it was already a good thing that he did not walk out the moment he saw Jeonghan, unlike when it was with Seungcheol. Maybe he is liking him, she thought.

Seunghee and her mom left the guys alone in the living room, though the dining room was just across the room. They could still see each other.

Her dad stared at Jeonghan for a while. This boy... he thought again.

Jeonghan was getting a bit distracted. Why does he just keep staring me? Please say something. He thought.

"Ah, is there any problem sir?"

"You're the problem," Seunghee's dad began.

"I know that sir."

"Then why are you here?"

"That's because... your daughter is everything to me. Even if I'm a threat to you, I will never be a threat to your daughter," Jeonghan firmly said.

"You're someone very far from my expectations. I'm really disappointed."

"I may have disappointed you, but I will never disappoint Seunghee."

"I have never liked every guy Seunghee has brought here."

"But I will be different sir. I will make sure that you will come to like me."

It made him smirk. This boy... is the person who will take my daughter away from me, he thought. The moment he saw him, it dawned to him that he was different from the others. In some ways, his presence was peculiarly unpretentious. That instant he stepped inside the room, something bickered inside him whether to let him stay or not because he knew, the moment he let him in, he would surely lose her daughter. But now, it was okay. He would lose her daughter to someone he was at home with. And he knew his intuitions were almost right.

That moment, Seunghee's mom went over them.

"Come, let's have dinner."

"Okay, come on. We'll talk over dinner," her dad said.

"Ah. Yes sir."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Dinner went smoothly. Seunghee was surprised that her dad didn't quite interrogate Jeonghan that much. It was a lot more peaceful than any other time she bought someone over, even if they were only just friends. Did something happen in that short moment earlier? She thought. She was really perturbed but in a good way. Maybe her dad approved of him. Maybe not. At least they were in good terms. That was what was important.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

"I'll just walk him to the gate dad," Seunghee told him.

"Alright. Be careful on your way okay," her mom said.

"I will ma'am," Jeonghan politely answered.

"Come back quickly Seunghee," her dad reminded.

"Yes, dad."

They finally ended the night. Seunghee was glad while taking Jeonghan to their gate.

"What happened to dad? What did he say to you?"

"Nothing. I don't think he said anything important."

"Hm... But anyway, I'm just happy he liked you."

"He liked me? How do you know?"

"I just know."

"Alright. You go in now. It's fine, I don't want to make your dad angry."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

"Yah."

Seunghee went inside as Jeonghan left. Then her dad was waiting by the lobby.

"Dad."

"Come here."

He put his arm around her daughter's shoulders.

"Where did you meet that boy?"

"In school dad. He's Seungcheol's friend."

"No, not that coups again."

"They were friends, dad."

"Alright. Now go to your room. And stop thinking about him."

"Dad..."

"Go on."

Seunghee made her way upstairs then. She was happy. The night was a success for them. She was thankful.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Her dad was still thinking about something. He could still not believe that he was that boy. He recalled having met that boy in the past. He couldn't tell Seunghee. Maybe she still doesn't know how Jeonghan was in his childhood. So he kept it to himself. But he could still clearly recall that memory.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...