17 : I can forget.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

"Oppa... You're hurting me... Oppa, let go..."

He couldn't hear her. He just wanted her by his side that night. He wanted her more than anything. So leaving his rational mind behind, he let go and kissed her.

She struggled and moaned her protests, Seunghee felt like reliving the nightmare with Seungcheol. She thought it was not a big deal anymore. She thought it didn't matter what he did to her that night. But now that it was happening again, she felt so scared. She couldn't help but tremble. Her body kept shaking, she couldn't control it. Her tears fell down quickly. She was terrified of the touch of this man before her. Even if she knew it was Kevin.

Kevin just didn't want to let her go. He never intended to molest her. But finally feeling her lips was a dream come true for him. In that moment he wanted to feel her more. So he took his kisses slowly and gently from her lips to her cheeks down to her neck.

"Stop... Kevin oppa!"

She took all her strength to push him away. And luckily she did. And after that she gave him a very hard slap on his right cheek. That was the time Kevin saw her solemn face. Filled with tears and anxiety, she looked really frightened. She was shaking in fear. She was embracing herself. Kevin was devastated. He did this to her. He ruined her trust. And more importantly, he hurt her, physically and emotionally.

Instinctively, he went over her to comfort her even if he was the one who made her this way.

"Seunghee... I'm sorry. Seunghee please forgive me..."

"Don't touch me! Don't... Touch me!"

"Seunghee I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean to hurt you. Please forgive me..."

He was crying and then he kneeled infront of her.

"I never intended to do it. Seunghee I was just eaten by... No, I won't make any excuses. I wanted that moment. I wanted to kiss you for so long. I love you Seunghee. I will always love you. But this seems to be the end for us. I promise, when I come back, I'll be the same Kevin oppa you knew since you were 6. I won't lose you the third time Seunghee. Even if it means being friends with you for the rest of our lives."

Seunghee hated him a while ago, but seeing him like this, on his knees, she knew he was sincere. She knew him all her life and what he did earlier was not him. She felt her body calm down and her heart soften. She almost hated him. But he was more than just a single mistake. He was Kevin. He was her only best friend.

"What you did to me... I can forget. But what you mean to me, will always and will ever be."

Kevin was relieved. He did her wrong but in an instant she forgave him. He only regretted he can't have a girl like her in his life.

"Seunghee... Thank you."

"I hate you."

"What? But you just..."

"That was for a moment ago. I just wanted to tell you."

Kevin could only sigh. How could she be so nonchalant after what happened. She was really something.

"How long are you gonna kneel there? Your pants are gonna rip."

"Oh... Yeah."

She bent down and reached out her hand. Kevin got it and got up. They stood there face to face again, smiling at each other. Friendship overthrew everything. It was a good thing.

"Just promise me, don't let Jeonghan hurt you. I'll come flying back here when that happens."

"Don't worry about me oppa. He not someone who can hurt me just yet. I'll be okay. And thank you."

"I'm the one who should say that. I'm sorry for earlier and thank you. You're one of a kind. Jeonghan is very lucky."

"I told you... I haven't chosen him yet."

"But you will. Alright enough with Jeonghan."

They laughed together. And so they watched the city lights together silently for the last time in the next couple of years again. That was their sanctuary, their friendship's refuge for all eternity.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...