28 : You're hopeless.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The day of the annual duo project was up. Every student body was busy. Running here and there, the program was about to start. All the 10 duos were at the waiting room preparing. Everyone was already ready, costume-wise and makeup-wise. Seunghee could see Jeonghan and Yujin at a corner. Yujin was dressed sexily, as expected for the song and Jeonghan wore a suit. He looked exceptionally good. She wanted to come over him and cheer for him, but she had her own performance to worry about. Jeonghan on the other hand had always been looking at Seunghee. She wore a pink dress perfect for her that night. He knew she would do well. And with Sungjae, he could only guess they will be at the top spot.

The MC started the program, "And now for our first duo, let's give a round of applause to Yook Sungjae and Oh Seunghee!"

They were already set up at the stage. Seunghee was sitting on the piano and Sungjae was standing by it. And then she starts playing the music...

Sungjae:

jeongmal gunggeumhae ne maeumsogen nuga inneunji

geu yeppeun dunune nan eotteoke (boini)

Seunghee:

jeongmal gunggeumhae ne meorissogen nuga inneunji

saljjak majuchin nal jjalbeun nuninsaedo (dugeundae)

Sungjae:

hoksi naege mal geonnelkka

Seunghee:

maeil maeil

Together:

junbihaeduneun yaegi

Seunghee:

babocheoreom

Together:

boyeodo

gamchul su eomneun gibun

geurae uri johahandago malhalkka

ne saenggakdo nawa gatjin anheulkka

maeil haega tteul ttae kkaji

seolleneun maeumi jinjeong andwae

ije uri soljikhage da malhalkka

ne saenggakdo nawa gatdamyeon Oh oh

oneul gidarigo isseo neol majuchigireul

neoreul

Seunghee:

jeongmal gunggeumhae ne meorissogen nuga inneunji

saljjak majuchin nal jjalbeun nuninsaedo (dugeundae)

Sungjae:

hoksi naege mal geonnelkka

Seunghee:

maeil maeil

Together:

junbihaeduneun yaegi

Seunghee:

babocheoreom

Together:

boyeodo

gamchul su eomneun gibun

geurae uri johahandago malhalkka

ne saenggakdo nawa gatjin anheulkka

maeil haega tteul ttae kkaji

seolleneun maeumi jinjeong andwae

ije uri soljikhage da malhalkka

ne saenggakdo nawa gatdamyeon Oh oh

oneul gidarigo isseo neol majuchigireul

neoreul

Sungjae:

harujongil ganjireopge jakku

Together:

tteoollayo

Seunghee:

dasimannamyeon

Sungjae:

tto dasimannamyeon

Together:

ireoke malhallae

Seunghee:

geurae uri johahandago malhalkka

Sungjae:

ne saenggakdo nawa gatjin anheulkka

Together:

maeil haega tteul ttae kkaji

seolleneun maeumi jinjeong andwae

ije uri soljikhage da malhalkka

ne saenggakdo nawa gatdamyeon Oh oh

oneul gidarigo isseo neol majuchigireul

Sungjae:

neoreul

Together:

keudereul

Sungjae and Seunghee ended terrific. It was almost as if they were singing to each other. Their performance was worthwhile.

Jeonghan watched their performance. He was one of the hundreds who gave their applause for the perfect duo. She was perfect and she sang perfect. He would not miss congratulating her after the event. Then Yujin came up behind him.

"Hey oppa, I hope you didn't forget your lines after watching her. You were almost deaf, I was calling you and you didn't even budge. You really couldn't hear me?" Yujin said.

Jeonghan was so embarrassed. He only gave a timid laugh.

"I'm sorry. I was focusing on her I couldn't attend to anything else," he replied.

"You're hopeless oppa. You're worse than me. But anyway, we're two groups away! Be ready! Fighting! Talk to her later. You can do it!"

"I will. Don't worry. I'll be right there."

"Okay!"

Yujin went back to the waiting room. Jeonghan took a last peek at Seunghee before going back.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Sungjae and Seunghee were congratulated by their peers as they went down the stage. It was really a great performance. But more importantly, they congratulated each other.

"You were perfect tonight. Our hard work paid off," Sungjae told Seunghee.

"You too. You were the same. Thank you for working with me," Seunghee replied.

"Thank you."

They shook hands and smiled at each other. It was finally the end of their partnership.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The next two groups performed a ballad and a rap song. Then it was the Trouble maker duo, Jeonghan and Yujin. Seunghee made sure she watched their stage. She stood at the side of the stage where the other performers were. She was feeling nervous. She didn't want to see them perform but she should. Then the music started...

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...