22 : I need space.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

It made Seunghee feel self-conscious for the first time.

"Why are you so straightforward? You didn't even bat an eyelash saying that to me. Are you mad?"

"I'm not. I can't be mad at you."

Seunghee was starting to feel feeble. She didn't want it to show so she tried to change the topic.

"Of course you can't. You're too nice. But that performance was so unlike you so everyone was really surprised. And I was too so stop the drama now. You were great."

Jeonghan smiled.

"And you were too. You were beautiful."

Something hit Seunghee. Was this what they called cupid's arrow? She didn't want to believe it just yet. So she suppressed the feeling.

"My, you're doing pickup lines now? Stop it Jeonghan. I'll go ahead."

"Hey, it's not a pickup line! Seunghee, wait!"

Seunghee went on. Jeonghan was still putting his things on the bag back there. But she had to be away from him. All of a sudden she was feeling the butterflies, it put her on the spot. So she had to clear her mind. Away from him, that's what she had to do.

"Seunghee!"

Seunghee really left Jeonghan. It was strange for him. She never did that before. Was it something he did? But what? He asked himself. As he was staring at her receding figure, a couple of girls went over him.

"Oppa! Will you sign this for us?" the girls said.

"Oh, I'm not a celebrity. I can't do that," he replied.

"But oppa... Please..."

The girls were persistent so Jeonghan gave up. When they left, Seunghee was out of the view. Jeonghan could only sigh. What just happened? He thought.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Seunghee couldn't sleep that night. As she lay on her bed, hugging a pillow, she kept on sighing. All she could think about was Jeonghan. His smile, his face, his growing mustache, his jaw line, his eyes... And all of her memories were everytime he was looking at her. Everytime he was facing her. She could clearly see his face even though her eyes are open and more so when her eyes are closed. It was insane! She was going mad.

"Aghhhh!!!! This is not fair! I'm 20, for god's sake! Get your act together Seunghee!" she shouted at herself.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

With this, she was always at bad mood everytime she saw Jeonghan. She was being unfair. Just because she couldn't handle being weak infront of him, she started pushing him away.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

At lunch, Jeonghan caught up with her at the cafeteria. He joined her at her table.

"Are you busy? I haven't been able to see you lately. If you need help I can help," he told her.

"What made you think I'm busy? I'm not," she snobbishly answered.

"But you haven't been keeping in touch..."

"I just don't want to Jeonghan. I need space. So could you give it to me?"

"What? What space are you talking about?"

"Jeonghan... Haven't you noticed these past few days? I'm avoiding you! I need time away from you..."

"What are you talking about Seunghee? We're not even spending that much time together..."

"It is much for me! So please don't make a big deal out of this. Let's stay away from each for a while. I'm sorry."

"Seunghee..."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...