11 : What are you saying?

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Kevin drove her somewhere. Really, just somewhere. At an elevated part of the city where you can see the whole business center with glimmering lights at the Bay Shore. It was a great scenery.

"How did you exactly find this place?" Seunghee asked.

They went down and stood by the car front beside each other.

"Well I've known this a few years ago. That day before I went to California," he said.

"You did have time then I guess."

"I had all the time since you were busy and couldn't be with me."

"But you're here now again. How fast can two years be? Oppa, I missed you when you were gone. I missed my best friend."

"I did too. But now that I'm back, I see you with another guy who's not even your boyfriend. Is he my replacement?"

"Of course not! He's... A friend. A... special friend."

"A special friend? Is he courting you?"

"Well... I don't know."

"You don't know? How convenient is that for him?"

"No, it's not like that. Something happened and he has helped me in every way. So I'm really indebted to him."

"And he's using that to get to you? Just tell me, I'll beat the hell out of him."

"No, of course not. My debt, it's just me, it isn't obligatory. I swear. He's a really good guy. And I like him."

"And... He likes you too?"

"Yes, it's that kind of relationship. But we're friends. We're just friends now."

"So you're not on reserved terms are you?"

"No, I don't think we are. We don't talk about it at all."

"That's a relief. I thought I was too late."

"For what?"

"When I found this place, I thought of the girl I really liked for the longest time. And I promised to bring her here once I came back."

"Oppa... What are you saying?..."

"I like you Seunghee. I really, really like you. I've liked you since middle school."

"Since middle school? Are you kidding me? You are right?"

"Please be serious Seunghee..."

He held her hand and looked into her eyes.

"Oppa... Don't do this... You're my best friend..."

"Seunghee, I waited for so long just to tell you this. So please, don't tell me to stop. I love you. Depending on your decision, I will or will not be going back to California."

"What? Don't do this oppa... You can't base something so important on me."

"But you're important to me. You've become someone I need in my life. When I was in California, I've realized that there is no one I need more than you in my life. I missed you so much Seunghee. And now, I don't want to have another mistake of letting you out of my life. Will you let me stay Seunghee?"

Seunghee didn't know what to say. This guy was so important to her. This guy was so important that she didn't want to lose him. But could she keep him if she said yes? What was she supposed to do?

"I don't know oppa..."

"Can you let me know before my flight back? That's less than two months from now."

"Oppa... I..."

"In less than two months Seunghee, alright?"

"Okay."

"Thank you."

"Hm..."

Seunghee felt really burdened. Her most precious friend also fell for her. She hadn't seen him that way. But then it all came down to this. She didn't know what to do. And what about Jeonghan? What would he say about this? She was so lost...

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...