55 : That precious smile.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

He had an officemate who worked diligently in his early years. Seunghee was just 5 then. He would bring Seunghee with him to his office like other parents there would do. One time he brought her, that officemate brought her child too. But unexpectedly, the child was full of bruises and he even had a bandaged arm. The officemate told them, it was the father's doing by then, though they knew she was not living with him. Until they found out one day that it was her own doing to her child. She was suffering from depression over some man who did not give her enough of what she wanted. And then one day, that person was found hanged over her own bedroom ceiling. Luckily the child never saw any of it. It was the neighbor who discovered the suicide. And the child was then turned in to the custody of his father, who was apparently a wealthy tycoon. Ever since then, he has seen the child doing well. So much different from his previous well-being. He was relieved. That child made an impact in him that he would never forget. Until he saw him a few months ago, helping an old lady cross the road and feeding a poor cat on the street. How did he know that it was that very child? Because he had that same smile back then. That precious smile which only children were capable of. And now he never thought her daughter would find him instead. Yoon Jeonghan, he thought. He was unconsciously attached to that child before Seunghee even had him as her boyfriend. How can he not like him for her daughter? It was already a given.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Meanwhile Jeonghan was striding down the street to his condo unit with a smile. He finally made a step up with Seunghee. He was grateful. Maybe Sehun was the only hindrance left he had to conquer. But that would be easier.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The next day, Jeonghan had just left Seunghee to go to his part-time job. She was staying behind in school for a while for some research. She was busy reading something at one of the school benches when some guys went over her.

"Can you hang with us for a while?" a voice said.

She looked up and saw Sehun and Chanyeol staring down at her. It was Sehun who spoke to her.

"Oppa! What are you doing here? Ah, anyounghaseyo Chanyeol-shi."

They both sat across her. Their handsome faces enthralling every girl nearby.

"Are you busy? Good thing that guy's not here," Sehun said.

"He's at his part-time job oppa. Do want anything from me?"

"Let's hangout. It's just the other day that I came back right? We haven't been able to keep up. And hyung really wants to get to know you. Right hyung?"

Chanyeol was just smiling at her. It was awkward for her once again. Sehun was planning something, she knew. But she missed her cousin. If only he did not get on bad terms with Jeonghan from the start. But oh well, it's up to them to patch things up, she thought. But what is this oppa trying to do? She wondered. It was another story.

"So what do you say?"

"I missed you oppa. Of course I'll go."

"Then pack up!"

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

They were waiting for their order at a ramen shop and Seunghee was busy with her phone, she was sending Jeonghan a message about it.

"Stop that," Sehun uttered.

Sehun put his hand over her phone as he put his arm around her shoulders.

"Sending that guy a message. You don't even do that to your dad nowadays."

"It's called obligation oppa. And besides, I'll tell dad when I go home that you were pestering on me in school."

"Pestering? When have I ever done that? You're my cutest cousin, I can never bully you."

He was pinching her cheeks right then.

"Ow! That hurt oppa!"

She pushed him away but his arm was still around her shoulders. Sehun was just laughing. Chanyeol was observing them. They were really close. He was sitting across them.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

To be continued...