Chapter Four: John's POV

John's POV-
It wasn't even light outside when I woke up. I hated waking up early, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I sat up and looked around the room. Lina and Serena were sound asleep and George was snoring on the floor while his limbs were thrown every which way. I sighed and got up off the floor. I folded up my blanket and I piled it against the wall with the pillow I'd used. I was trying to be quiet, but I ended up waking up George.
"Are you hungry?" He whispered. I nodded and we both made a silent decision to go and try to knick some breakfast. We snuck out of the room and down the stairs. I knew where the kitchen was from my earlier explorations and we found the light on. I peaked in and saw a third girl. She had dark hair and she seemed to be starting on breakfast. I wasn't positive, but Cindy and Lilly had talked about having another sister called Miranda. This was probably her.
Someone tapped my shoulder and I nearly yelped in surprise, but a hand covered my mouth. It was Lilly and she looked surprised as me. I thought she'd be angry or upset we'd snuck out, but she wasn't. She looked actually happy we'd come down, that is until she saw Miranda in there. She sighed and gestured for us to wait as she walked in.
"Good morning Miranda." She said sleepily. Miranda didn't respond and Lilly frowned. She tapped her sister's shoulder and Miranda jumped and spun around from the eggs she was cooking. Her eyes were wide and she had ear phones in her ears.
"Oh, sorry, Lilly. Morning." She said clutching her heart, "You scared me."
"Sorry," Lilly said. George was tapping my arm and I only swatted him away as I watched. The two girls were having a sarcastic banter back and forth as they both walked around the kitchen getting breakfast. George continued to tap me and annoy me until I turned around to him and glared. Cindy had just walked up looking happy and quite chipper.
"Morning, why are you standing out here?" She asked whispering. George gestured to the kitchen and Cindy nodded before she went in the kitchen with a smile, "Morning, um Lilly you know that-"
"Yes I know, but Miranda is still present." Lilly whispered as they stood side by side. They whispered some more until Miranda started to catch on.
"What are you guys whispering about?" She asked frowning. Lilly shook her head quickly when George tapped me again.
"What George!?" I asked a little bit too loudly.
"What was that?" Miranda asked turning toward us. We hid behind the corner quickly and I glared at George. He gave me one of those sheepish smiles he'd give me when he hit a bad note on stage.
"It's probably just Dad!" Cindy said quickly. Miranda shook her head and scowled.
"No, Dad left already." She said walking toward the door to check it out.
"It's nothing, Miranda," Lilly insisted. Miranda wasn't convinced as she walked closer. George and I looked at each other and we knew we were found out.
Miranda turned the corner and her eyes got wide. She yelled in surprise before I covered her mouth. She struggled and tried to move my hand away when Cindy and Lilly rushed over.
"Miranda you can't tell!" Lilly said removing my hand from her sister's mouth. She glared at us and then at her two sisters.
"But it's....George...." she said staring at George. He cocked an eyebrow at her and he held up his hands like she was gonna pounce on him.
"And let's not forget Johnny," George said nervously.
"But you're supposed to be dead!" She exclaimed loudly.
"Yes thanks for the reminder." I said rolling my eyes, "Anyroad, I'm hungry."
"Me too, and I'm sure Serena and Lina are too." George said. Miranda looked really angry suddenly.
"Serena and Lina are here!?" She yelled. Cindy and Lilly flinched and nodded hesitantly, "Why didn't you tell me they were here!?"
"Because we thought you'd do this and then tell mom and dad!" Lilly said crossing her arms over her chest. Miranda scowled and Cindy shrugged before George cleared his throat.
"I'll just go and wake up Serena and Lina." He said before he ran away. I rolled my eyes and found Miranda staring at me.
"So it's really you then?" She asked. I nodded and we went into the kitchen, "I guess that means I have to make more eggs." She sighed and got the egg carton out of the fridge.
After George came downstairs with Serena and Lina, we all had breakfast and then we started talking.
"They can't stay here," Miranda said seriously. Lilly sighed and looked at the table.
"Where would they go, Miranda?" Cindy asked, "Serena and Lilly could go home, but where would George and John go?"
"I dunno!" Miranda said, "but if mom and dad find out they're here they're gonna flip!"
"George thinks we should go to Beverly Hills." Serena said. I made a face at her and George flushed.
"Well why?" I asked looking at my old band mate.
He shrugged, "That's what the paper said," he said sheepishly, "but we need help getting there."
"We'll go with you!" Lilly exclaimed.
"How are a bunch of kids gonna help?" I asked rolling my eyes at her. She scowled at me before she looked at the table.
"I have the car and the money." Serena said seriously.
"Whoa whoa whoa, you can't seriously think we can get all the way to Beverly Hills in that piece of junk." Lina said rolling her eyes.
Serena shrugged and ate the last of her breakfast, "It's worth a shot!"
"Yeah OK," I scoffed, "a bunch of kids are gonna help us get to Beverly Hills. Thrillingly helpful."
"Do you know how to get there?" Serena asked cocking a dangerous eyebrow.
"Well not entirely, but we can get there faster if it's just me and George " I said crossing my arms over my chest.
"And how are you planning to get there without a car?" She asked smugly.
"I'll get one somehow." I said,
"Well I'm not taking you and I'm the only one who has a car." Serena smirked and George snickered. "Anyway how are you gonna get the money for gas?"
I gritted my teeth and tried not to snap at her. She was a cheeky git. "Fine! You can come, but since I'm oldest I'm in charge!"
"We'll see, Lennon." She said getting up.
"Where are you going?" Lina asked frowning.
"I'm gonna go and look up the fastest route to Beverly Hills." She sighed and ran up the stairs. George watched her go and I cocked an eyebrow at him. He looked back at me and cleared his throat.
"Right um, what now?" He asked. We all looked at Lina for some reason and she widened her eyes.
"Um, why don't we get ready to go. When are your parents getting home, Miranda?" She asked. All of us looked at the addressed girl and she sighed.
"After lunch," she said, "But don't expect me to go along with you! I'm not gonna get grounded for life when you get back." Cindy and Lilly rolled their eyes before they got up.
"OK, not a lot of time, but we need clothes, sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, food, and all the money you got. Every little bit helps." Lina said with a little too much enthusiasm. She got up and clapped her hands together."Let's go! C'mon people we're in a time crunch here!" She hollered. I got up quickly as she started to smack George with a newspaper that was on the table. He winced and covered his head as she went on hitting him.
"OK, OK, Lina I'm going!" He said getting up and running upstairs. Cindy and Lilly followed to go and count their extra change. Lina gave me a funny look before she threatened her newspaper sword to me. I quickly went upstairs with her chasing after me.
"I HAVE $50!" Lilly hollered coming out of her room with money in her hands.
"I have $150." Cindy said handing it all to Lina. She recounted it all together.
"OK, that's $200 plus the $200 that Serena has so we have $400 dollars that's not a lot." She said. I rolled my eyes at her.
"OK, fine $400 isn't a lot at all!" I said sarcastically.
"Do you even know what year is, John?" Serena asked shoving two sleeping bags at me. I stumbled and shook my head, "Then shut up." What was that for? George laughed as he carried a bunch of pillows in his arms.
"Hey could we use this tent, Lil?" Lina asked from the corner, "You never know what we might need." Lilly nodded and that was piled onto the pile at the top of the stairs.
"Miranda says she gets our phone, do you have yours, Rena?" Cindy asked as she came into the conversation, adding two book bags to the pile. Serena nodded and Lina took it out of her sister's pocket. Serena gave an annoyed look and she snatched it back.
"I have it, Cin," she mumbled. I made a face.
"Is she always this happy?" I asked sarcastically as she went into one of the bedrooms. Lilly shook her head.
"No, she's usually never like this." She said standing next to me, "Sorry she was so harsh." I shrugged and picked up some of the belongings we were taking along.
"Where are we loading this stuff up?" I asked.
"In Serena's truck," Lina said, "Its the piece-o-junk outside." She said smiling. I nodded and walked down the stairs. Lilly helped me by getting the door and helping me load it all in the back of the truck that sat in the drive way. This was not gonna be fun. I could already tell.