Chapter Sixty-Two: George's POV

George's POV-
"Do I have to carry you, really?" I asked glancing back at Serena and she nodded sleepily. I had carried her off the helicopter because she'd been asleep. Now she was awake and I was still giving her a piggy back ride.
"You do until you find me a place to sleep." She mumbled. I could feel her breath on my neck, and she was making me hot. Dhani led the way down a bright hallway and we all trudged behind him. Lilly was holding on to John's hand and Midge was leaning against Neal tiredly.
"How much longer, Dhani?" I asked. I felt my legs getting tired. Dhani looked back at me and he stopped. We all stopped behind him and he crossed his arms.
"Harrison!" I looked up and Dhani turned around at the sound of our name. It was a man dressed in all black. He looked about Dhani's age, and he had a beard and scraggly hair. "Where've you been?"
"Home." Dhani said with a chuckle. The man came closer and Dhani shook his hand, "This is Oliver, everyone around here calls him Agent, or Ollie."
"Hello Agent Ollie." Serena mumbled sleepily. She waved her hand and buried her nose in my shoulder, making Dhani laugh. She wasn't a morning person.
"Ollie, this is John, Lilly, George, Neal, and that's Serena," Dhani said pointing to us all, "And you know Midge." Ollie nodded to us all and he gestured for us to follow him.
"I'll find you all a place to sleep," He said. We followed him down the hall and then into a large room where agents bustled around. The night shift was my assumption. Ollie led us into a room where there are several beds set up with thin blankets and lumpy pillows. I dropped Serena on one of them and she curled up and went to sleep before I could say goodnight to her. I kissed her cheek quickly before I sat down on a bed of my own. Lilly was sitting up against the wall and John was digging around in his bag for something. Neal looked awkward sitting on the bed at the other end of the room.
Dhani came into the room and sat down in the bed across from me. Lilly looked at him and he ran his hands over his face tiredly.
"Where's Midge?" Lilly asked, pretending not to sound tired.
"She's staying in her own room." Dhani said lying down. He was looking at the ceiling and closed his eyes.
"Her own room?" John asked frowning. Dhani nodded and turned over to face us.
"She lives here." He said closing his eyes, "We'll talk to the boss tomorrow, first thing. Get some sleep."
I curled up into the pillows and closed my eyes. I was tired but something in me wouldn't let me sleep. I heard Dhani snoring next to me and I can hear Lilly and John whispering to one another. Serena was asleep. I could feel her dreaming. I concentrated on the dreams, but they weren't good dreams. Once I got in I couldn't get out. I could see Serena, she was crying, bruised and small as she sat curled up in a corner. Someone was yelling at her and she just sat there crying. I wanted to do something, but I couldn't move. I needed to know who was yelling at her, but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't move. It was like I was watching a film. A dish crashed against the wall near Serena and she screamed. I needed to get to her, but the harder I tried the farther away I seemed to get. More objects were thrown at her and she covered her head and cried for him to stop, but he didn't relent. Something hit her and it cut her face. I yelled and then suddenly I woke up. Serena was sitting on the bed next to me, her hand on my arm.
"George," She whispered. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "I had to wake you up, you were gonna wake up everyone else if I didn't." She looked at me worriedly and I took a deep breath in.
"Sorry," I said, "Bad dream." Serena nodded and she started to get up. I saw Lilly and John tangled together in one bed and I felt seriously lonely. I grabbed her hand and I pulled her back to me.
"What's wrong?" She asked, "George, are you okay?" 
"I think I was dreaming about your past." I said hoarsely, "But it was your dream first, I wanted to see what you were dreaming and then I-"
"George, it's okay," She said brushing my bangs back. She knew what it was. She had to know who was beating her up.
"I couldn't get back out." I said, still breathing heavily, "And I couldn't help you, Rena, I couldn't do anything but watch."
"I know," She said pulling me into a hug, "it's okay. It's over." I expected her to act like it'd never happened, that it was just a dream. But she didn't. She admitted it had happened, and I realized that's why she didn't want to be that person she was; why she didn't want to remember all of it.
I held tightly to her and I squeezed my eyes closed. I pulled back just enough to look at her. I kissed her without thinking. I knew she'd yell at me for it. I kept kissing her anyway. I felt her grab onto my shirt sleeve, but she didn't stop me.
I pulled away from her and I looked at her through the darkness. "Stay here," I said, holding my arms around her loosely, in case she didn't want to stay. "Please." Serena nodded and she leaned against me, pushing me to lie down with her. I held my arms around her and she relaxed.
We were lying so still, I could hear her breathing as she burried her face in the side of my neck. It was a small bed, so there wasn't much other position we could be uncomfortably.
  "Who was he?" I asked quietly, "In the memory?" She sighed and she put her arm around my neck, running her fingers into my hair.
"My dad." She said honestly. I closed my eyes and  Serena sighed heavily. "He-"
"You don't have to." I said turning over. Her nose touched mine and I felt like kissing her again. I didn't though. I brushed her hair back this time and she smiled lightly. "I was just curious." She pulled me closer to her and she cuddled into me. She was acting odd, but I just let her do it. I didn't mind at all.
As I fell asleep again, I felt her kiss my cheek gently. I squeezed her tightly and let sleep wash over me.